Doubt

TW// use of the f-slur

y/n pov

I got the part, I actually got the part! I auditioned for the role of Adler two days ago and I somehow got the part (I was betting on the cow boy to get the part), I cannot be happier. I spent the entire day rehearse for my part, sure I miss hanging out with Legoshi doing stagehand things but I was born for the stage, and I even saw Legoshi a few times and even looked at him while he passed by or was doing stagehand things. I think a few times we made eye contact.

On a side note, for a while now, I have been compared to this kid that I have never seen at school named "Louis", at first it was because I wore a green blazer which apparently was his thing and now it became more prevalent ever since it was revealed I had the part of Adler. I don't mind it much, sure it's a bit weird and makes me feel like I am not really my own person and that I have to live up to this guy's name cause it sounds like he was a really great guy, but it's fine. After practice I tried to meet up with Legoshi but it seemed like he was in a hurry. I tried to catch up to him but I was stopped by cow boy, who just grabbed me by my sleeve.

"Oh, hey Pina, what did you want?"

"y/n, I know that you have the part of Adler and I just thought that you should know that role has a reputation that to be kept up"

"thanks for the info Pina, I need to go no-"

Pina cuts y/n off "I didn't finish, I don't think that reputation can be kept up by someone who only recently joined the school."

y/n frees himself from Pina's grasp and turns to face him "Are you actually mad about me getting the part? Plus, it's not even my fault that you didn't get picked"

"The director made a mistake. I don't think the likes of you can even replicate Louis' performance, and I haven't even seen him perform as Adler, I just know you don't have what it takes, judging from your rehearsing" Pina said, crossing his arms with a punchable smug grin. There it was again, compared with this guy I have never met before, this time in an overtly negative way. Now the entire drama club, at least the people who haven't left already, are watching this argument.

"Well, at least I will bring something unique to this play, like, this play has been done every year." y/n says running out of comebacks. Pina uncrossed his arms.

"Alright, whatever you say, I still think you will ruin Adler's reputation but we will see if you have what it takes." Pina walks pass y/n, but before leaving he turns his head over his shoulder, "One more thing y/n, I know about you and Legoshi, it won't work out"

I was fucking stunned, like, wtf did he just say, in front of most of the drama club. This cannot be real, "W-What???"

Pina turned to face y/n, "You heard what I said, it is obvious with the way you look at him, which I do not understand, like you could go for Bill, but Legoshi?" Pina continues, "It just won't work out for you, Legoshi isn't a faggot like you." He did not just say that, he both encapsulated my fears and basically called me a faggot. What if everything he is right, what if Legoshi won't like me back, what if he won't even want to be friends anymore if he finds out. I want him to shut up, I want that smug ass grin on his face to fucking disappear. I curl my right hand into a fist and before I know it, I punch Pina in his left eye.

Pina covers his left eye and grunts in pain, "All that over me telling you the truth? You are so pathetic, y/n" I just stand there, shocked by what I did with my pure rage, in front of most of the drama club. Without thinking twice I run off, I don't even want to meet up with Legoshi anymore, I just want to be in my dorm, alone.

Later, in y/n's dorm, his text conversation with Haru

"Hey Haru, I did something horrible today"

"omg what did you do???"

"well, Pina kinda called me a f*ggot and I punched him in his left eye"

"oh, kinda deserved tbh"

"Haru, do you think me and Legoshi could ever be a couple?"

"maybe, just talk to him, he seems like he is still discovering things about himself"

y/n's text "conversation" with Legoshi

"Hey Legoshi, I need to talk to you"

five minutes no response

"it's fine, take your time"

20 minutes, no response

"You there?"

--Author's note--

And that, plus Legoshi's half of the chapter "Conflicted" is the end of Arc 1

I will be taking a break on this fic for who knows how long, mostly to focus on school and my other projects, I will be able to answer any questions you have about this, the next arc, and my stand alone projects