𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Come on, hopefully he lives on this street, and we can go home and... Where'd he go?"

"Congratulations," Y/n stated, giving a slow clap.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

"You two would make horrible spies," Y/n told them.

"What do you mean?"

"You two talk SO LOUD. It's no wonder you lost him. He probably heard you and left. I was tailing you for a few blocks, and you didn't even notice I was here until I said something. Part of tailing someone is making sure they don't know you're doing so."

"How do you know so much about tailing people?"

"My grandpa used to be a cop, duh," replied Y/n.

"That's right, sorry," Emma said.

"Best if you just stop following people," Y/n smiled fakely, patting their shoulders and walking away.

"Wait, how do we get out of here?" Talia called after her.

"Figure it out!" She left them behind, heading in the direction of her house.

"Penny for your thoughts." Y/n jumped looked over and seeing Michael beside her.

"Where did you come from?"

"You're not the only one who knows how to properly tail someone," he smiled. There was that feeling again, deep in her chest. That escaped butterfly fluttering around inside her ribcage. But what was it? Why was she feeling it? And why around him?

Michael snapped in front of her face softly. "Earth to Y/n. You there?"

She shook her head, then turned her head towards him. "Hmm? Sorry, I spaced out."

"It's alright, you just looked like you saw a ghost."

"I'm fine, um... can we... can we talk?"

He tilted his head. "Is everything okay?"

"It depends on your perspective. My house is just up here, let's go there."

"Should I be scared?" Michael inquired.

"I don't think so," responded Y/n, leading him to her house. She unlocked the door and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. She beckoned him to follow her up the stairs and into her room. His jaw dropped slightly at the sight of her room, covered in Doctor Who posters and a large variety of books books, small decorative merchandise pieces sat on shelves and her desk. He picked up a Doctor Who Funko off of her desk and chuckled at the figure of Mr. Clever, a darker version of his favorite Doctor, Matt Smith.

Y/n flipped on a switch of strung Tardis lights and stood, slightly awkwardly beside her bed, looking at him. "Maybe I'm a little obsessed..."

"How is this better than my collection at home? I have a few mini Tardis statues and one Funko Pop. I'm slightly jealous."

Y/n smiled softly, crossing her arm over her stomach and grabbed her other. "Um... I need to tell you something."

"Go ahead, I'll listen until you're done talking," Michael said, sitting in the chair for her desk.

Y/n took a deep breath and began to confess. "Be careful around Honor. She's trying to basically sabotage you to make her chances of getting into Harvard better. She came to me for help, but I don't sabotage people, so I made her pay for it, and I feel really bad about doing so because you seem like a really nice person. I'm really sorry, I just wanted to warn you because I don't want to see you not have a fair chance. I'm sorry, I should have never done it. Please don't tell her I said anything, I don't want her to know that you know. I'm sorry."

Michael frowned slightly, moving from the chair to sit beside her on the bed. He reached to the nightstand, grabbing a tissue and gently wiping her eyes, and only then did she realize how much her confession affected her and now fully realized that she had started to cry. She was never a very emotional person, so whenever she cried, it was worrisome to her.

"I didn't realize I was crying," Y/n whispered, hugging a pillow.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm not mad at you, and I had a hunch about Honor already. But I thank you for telling me," he told her softly.

"This may seem a little strange or forced, but could I maybe get a hug? Hugs are kind of a way I calm down, I'm sorry if you're not comfortable with it, if you're not, I'll just wait for my parents to get home..."

"I can give you a hug. Come here." He held his arms out, and Y/n cautiously accepted his embrace. She felt comfortable in his arms, and soon took deep breaths, hoping to calm herself down further. She froze when he placed his hand on the back of her head, his fingers getting tangled in her h/c hair. She'd never received a hug like this before, but something about it was addicting in a way. His soft breathing was soothing as he very gently hummed to himself. She felt that butterfly feeling again, more so than before.

"Y/n? I'm home!" her mother's voice called from downstairs. Y/n jumped slightly, scooting away from him as she heard footsteps come up the stairs. Michael went back to the desk chair as the door was opened. "Hello... oh, who is this?"

"Mom, this is my friend Michael. He came to study with me, I hope that's okay," Y/n explained.

"Of course! I'm M/n. Would you like to join us for dinner?"

"I would love to, thank you," Michael smiled.

"Wonderful. It will be ready in about twenty minutes. Happy studying," M/n replied with a grin, heading out and closing the door behind her.

"Your mom seems nice."

Y/n chuckled softly. "She is, she really is. And thank you. For simply giving me a hug."

"You're welcome, Y/n."

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: A BIT OF A LONGER CHAPTER FOR Y'ALL!! Not me getting butterflies writing this 🤭 if there are any errors, let me know and I will fix it. Love ya!