Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

The ride back to the castle was, thankfully, uneventful and soon the twins arrived safely home in their parents' arms.

"Welcome home," Mal whispered as they walked through the doors. "No matter how old you get, no matter who you love, this will always be your home."

"I can certainly agree with that," Ben nodded but paused as his little sister and little sister-in-law came running out of the side rooms. "Um Mal? Did we agree to baby sit today?"

"I don't think so," Mal shook her head. "Oi! Seedling! Bookworm!"

"We have names you know," Genevieve said but smiled as she ran over to Mal. "Besides, 'bookworm' isn't that creative of a nickname seeing as that could fit maman or BB too."

"Good point Geene," Mal said with a chuckle. "But what are you two doing here?"

"Mama and papa wanted to surprise you," Rea said with a smile. "But I couldn't wait to see the babies! They're here!"

"...I take it Estelle and Nyx weren't on baby sitting duties?"

"They're on the balcony sunbathing. I don't think mama and papa know Geene and me snuck out."

Mal sighed. "Okay, rule number one Rea. Do not worry mom. Unless you want to see uber-protective mom from now until you hit double digits?"

"I thought rule number one was never get into a land war in Asia?"

Mal blinked. "Okay so Hadie needs to stop reading you The Princess Bride for a bedtime story...and I take it he's not here since you were able to sneak out?"

"I go to the bathroom for one minute!"

"Ah there he is," Mal chuckled. "Come on, let's go get surprised."

The group made their way into the room that the young kids had previously vacated and Mal couldn't help but shake her head in amusement as people looked surprised that she wasn't surprised.

"You didn't think Geene and Rea running out of the room would ruin the 'surprise'?" Mal asked with a small chuckle. Though she was glad to see Cameron was there, however since Harry and Jay were also there it stood to reason that they'd been teleported back after the limo left the hospital. "Also...who surprises people bringing home infants?"

"People who know that it was either this or we all go and kill that photographer who startled Stephanie," Uma said, smiling at her cousin. "Which by the way, offer totally on the table."

"Ah if you weren't pregnant cuz," Mal said, shaking her head.

"That'll change in December, Mali," Uma reminded her. "But I guess there's no reason to plan revenge that I won't be able to implement in the far, far future. Let's see these guppies."

Mal snorted in amusement. "We'd like to present Stephanie Isabelle Hailey Le Bête and Maurice Benjamin Adam Le Bête."

"You don't have to use the stuffy talk Mali. It's just us," Harry said with a small chuckle.

"Yeah Mal, listen to his lordship," Hadie said with a small smirk.

Mal chuckled. "Is this revenge for all the times Harry used your title, Hadie?"

"Of course! Oh! Hey Harry, you know you and Gil have the same title?"

"Nice try little Lord but that won't get a rise out of me," Harry said, shaking his head.

"Because you know you and Gil are family too?"

Mal snorted. "Alright, alright, enough with trying to make the pirate angry around my newborns all right Storm Cloud?"