twenty-nine

BGK

I don't know why, but I always get so nervous asking to go anywhere.

With my friends, it's different because she's known them for years. That's why it's easier to sneak with Onika.

I crept around my house until I found my mama. She was in the kitchen making sweet tea and humming to a song.

"I see you watching me from behind the wall, Giselle. Come say whatever you need to say."

How did she know?

I stoped hiding behind the wall and walked into the kitchen. "Hey mama."

"What do you want?"

"I was wondering if I could go out with one of my friends."

"Who?"

"Her names Onika. She's a new friend."

She slightly smirked. "Oh, so that's who you've been sneaking out to see?"

"Wha- wha-" I was in shock. How did she know and why didn't she say anything?

"Do you think my ears don't work? I just thought you were sneaking off to Megan's house. I guess I was wrong."

"Why would I be sneaking off to Megan's house?"

She gave me a look and laughed to herself. "I hope you're using protection."

"I'm a virgin, mama." I'm disappointed in her for thinking any different.

"Remember what I said whenever the time comes. Can I meet this girl?"

"Definitely not." There's no way Onika would agree to that.

"Why not? I'll bake her a pound cake."

"Maybe another day. Do you really not care about me sneaking out?" I can't get past that she's known this whole time.

"I know you're a good kid and you're 18. I don't want you to be a homeschooled weirdo with no friends."

"Thank you? I'm going now, I'll be back to deal with the cows." I grabbed my keys from the kitchen table and left.

"I love you!" She yelled from behind me, I almost forgot to say it.

"I love you more!" I left and got in my truck.

It didn't take long to get to Onikas house and when I did, I texted her that I was outside.

She came out of her house looking cute in all grey. I smiled just looking at her, I don't know why.

Actually I do, I like her.

She got in truck and kissed my cheek. "Hey Bey."

"Hi, you look beautiful." I've been told I'm supposed to compliment her at least once every time I see her.

"I'll really fuck you, keep on. Did you get the address I sent you?"

I chuckled at her first comment and nodded. "Yeah."

It was only down the street from Onikas house so we got there in a minute or two.

"Lauren is the nicest and dumbest out of all my friends so this should be calm. Don't worry or anything if you're nervous."

"I'm not nervous." That was only a little bit of a lie.

I got out and opened the door for her. She ran up to the door and opened it without knocking.

Am I allowed to just walk in?

Onika's head popped out, "Come on Bey!"

I guess I can. I walked up the stairs to her house and walked inside.