Chapter 15

"What the fuck did you do to him?"

Donovan burst out laughing.

"I told you, I didn't do anything to him. I thought you'd like it if the three of us did this dinner together, to start being friends and..."

Carlos slammed Donovan's body against the wall again and even that didn't get the smile off his lips.

"Cut the bullshit, Donovan. You're an abusive person, but I didn't think you could go to these lengths."

He let him go and returned to the bed where TK lay, still unconscious.

What I wouldn't have given to be a paramedic and know what to do to help him.

He stroked his cheek and waited. He waited for the miracle, to see Tk wake up. But that didn't happen.

"Tell me what you did to him, did you drug him?"

"I know your boyfriend has a certain drug problem and it would have been very easy to give him something, I'm sure he would have thanked me." Carlos clenched his hands to keep from turning around again and punching his ex in the face until he made him bleed and suffer for everything he had done to him and especially TK. "No, I didn't give him anything funny. But I went to your apartment and he was sleeping. Apparently he'd been in a car accident. He was sleeping and it would have been easy for me to carry him and bring him in. But he woke up.

I also found out that your boyfriend is a light sleeper."

Carlos felt her fingers dig so hard into his palm that he had to bite his lip to keep from screaming.

"What...did you do to him?"

"When I managed to get him off me... You've taught your boyfriend to get his claws out huh? I'm sure you trained him yourself. But the thing is yes, it took a bit of directness to get him to leave me alone. Then I realized that the only way to get him to agree to come to this party would be to put him to sleep and put him in my car. Maybe I hurt him a little and maybe I shouldn't have taken the sling off. But hey, now we can talk like civilized people."

TK grunted on the bed and as he stirred he hurt his injured shoulder.

Donovan took a step toward him, but Carlos stepped in the way and gave him the hardest look he could find.

"Babe?"

"It's all right, Tee. Easy."

"Tee easy." Donovan mumbled and then burst out laughing. "I assure you, you two are cute. Why weren't you ever so affectionate with me, Carlos?"

"Carlos?" he sounded scared and not for nothing, he had woken up to an intruder in the house, it had attacked him and now he was waking up, sore somewhere else.

TK reached out to get his boyfriend's attention and without turning around Carlos intertwined his fingers with those of the paramedic.

"What do you want from us?"

Donovan took a step closer to the bed. "What I've always wanted, Carlos. You, us, but I don't understand why you always make it so hard, Carlos. You don't make it easy to love you."

"I hope you're not serious. Do I make it hard for you to love me?"

"I don't speak for myself. Patricia and Max were saying the same thing then. You're complicated, Carlos. All that Saturday night stuff about controlling what we did, where we went to dinner, when we went home. Even the music in the car. Carlos, baby, sometimes you are very heavy with that mania of having everything under control. You're a real pain in the ass."

Carlos knew what he was doing, because it was the method Donovan had always used to hurt him, to hold him back, thinking that he wasn't worth enough or that he wouldn't find someone else to be with because no one could love him.