We love you so much

Adam's: POV

"Excuse me, but have you seen a girl with blonde hair?" I asked. "I saw a girl yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was her, because she didn't showed her face." said a woman. "Thanks anyway." I replied and she nodded.

"This is hopeless." I complained. "Don't give up, we'll find her." said Jack. "But we don't know where she is." I replied. "If I know her right, she has probably gone to abandoned places where no people are." he said. "Maybe." I replied. After a while we came to a burned-down house.

"Max." I called but got no answer. "She has probably burned down the house to cover her tracks." said Jack calmly. I knew he was right but I couldn't stop thinking about what could've happened to her. "Please, don't let my daughter be dead." I replied and tears were rolling down my cheeks.

After a minute we found her. "Max." I said happily and hugged her. "Dad, papa." she replied. "Never do this again, I was so worried." I said. "I thought no one loved me." replied Max. "We love you so much, we will always do." I said. "I'm so sorry dad, I promise that this won't happen again." she replied and hugged me back. "Come, time to go home." I said.

***

Max fell asleep on the couch. I made up a fire to keep her warm. I stroked her hair and sang Slipping through my fingers. Flower was lying next to her and she smiled.

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile. I watch her go with a surge of that well-known sadness, I have to sit down for a while.

The feeling that I'm losing her forever and without really entering her world. I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter, that funny little girl.

I'm glad Max is okay

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~