Reading Buddies (Loki x R)

Summary: You continue to run into a familiar face each time you walk into the library

You had never been much of what people may call "a social butterfly". Let's be honest; you just hate people. Of course there were some exceptions, but you considered books to be your friends.

They told fantastic stories, kept you great company, and best of all- they can't talk.

Although you weren't one for engaging in social interactions- something had caught your eye recently. The God of Mischief.

He's been on house arrest and is under the Avenger's watch. Now that you think about it... What the hell does he do in his free time? It can't be too different from what you do, but he's literally from another planet and likely hasn't gotten the gist of human technology quite yet. So to see him in Stark's library wasn't too shocking.

It began after a week after he had arrived. Almost every single time you'd come in to read, he's already be sitting there. Even at midnight! It's like he lives there or something... It started off with simple glances out of the corner of your eye. Obviously, you should just mind your own business but one day your curiosity got the better of you.

You plucked up enough courage to take a seat on the same couch that Loki was sat at, but keeping some distance between the two of you.

You glanced over to Loki, clearing your throat.

"W-What are you reading?" You asked.

He doesn't answer for a moment, but looks over at you from the corner of his eye.

You feel embarrassed under his gaze and look down towards the floor. Great job, Y/n, you made an obnoxious fool of yourself.

"Brother's Grimm Fairytales." He states quietly, after some time.

You found it shocking that he answered you. You looked up at him to see that he had set the book down on his lap and is looking at you.

It wasn't a look of annoyance, but rather.. curiosity? Surprise?..

"Oh.. Nice." You whisper.

He nods his head once and picks up the book, going back to reading again.

After that interaction, you slowly began conversing with him more and more. You hoped that he didn't think of you as some obnoxious teen... It was as if he could almost sense your worry.

You two were seated on that same couch once again, though further together and not treating one another like they had the plague.

"Y/n.. I have to say, I have come to quite enjoy your company. Most people in the tower treat me as if I am some dangerous disease, yet you don't. I thank you for that. That's why I had seemed so surprised when you asked me what I was reading that one time. Nobody ever talks to me." He says, breaking the silence.

You were stunned. How were you supposed to reply to that heart-filled confession.

"Thank you, Loki. I quite enjoy your presence as well." You say, with a small smile.

From that moment on, you two were talking on a regular basis, providing reading recommendations, and even eating together during mealtime.

Maybe you two weren't just reading buddies, but actually friends.