● Waking Nightmare

(Some might find this chapter a bit disturbing)

2 years ago ...

The sunset and silhouetting city of Jaipur did look beautiful from the roof of the hotel but Aarohi Goenka was not exactly in the moment of appreciating such beauty .

" The Varmala Muhurat is over " The priest had announced and Aarohi had found her legs instantly moving , trying to leave the place .
" Aaru ...." Aakshara had tried but one look at the broken face of her sister and the ever-understanding Aakshara realized her sister needed some time alone.

Now , here she was in this forlorn terrace all broken and shattered.
Here worst fears came true - Neil did leave her .

I love you . Hot tears ran down her eyes as she recollected all those times when Neil had murmered these to her . Did love her, at all ? No ! He didn't. Didn't at all . If he did , why would he leave her at altar ?

My Chipkali .

Lies - all lies . Aarohi felt used . Her feelings , once again left unreciprocated . Her - oh ! So betraying heart- once again tampered , broken and used . She felt angry, angry at Neil for leaving , angry at herself for letting her heart rule her mind again .

A brief break from these thoughts made her realize , on what height she was . This hotel was really high and Aarohi stood at the even higher , elevated railing .

High .

Zenith.

Best .

These were all her life revolved around until Neil came . The sweet , Charming Neil who made her realize that sometimes settling for good can be better than settling for the best .

Neil .

The thought of him made her hate him - made her hate her . She was better as Dr. Aarohi Goenka , wasn't it ? Dr .Aarohi Goenka , who didn't like to feel . Whose only care was her career.

But then she remembered the time when Dr. Aarohi Goenka hated her sister . The scronful remarks that she had passed to Aakshara . All those times she broke Aakshara's heart , disappointed the family . No , Dr. Aarohi Goenka wasn't good .

Cancerous tumor .

Her , brother in law had called her once and maybe he was right . Maybe it was better to pluck her out and remove from lives. She had wondered about it often but then Neil made her think otherwise . He had said that people deserve a second chance . He had said she is changed . But then ....

I love you ..

Chipkali , you do know that you are nice .

Neil , run away from this marriage .

She almost killed our mother .

The varmala muhurat is over .

The groom's missing .

But then Neil ran away . And all that remained with her were his lies.

Aarohi trembled , as she cried . She cried with all her wills . To the world Aarohi Goenka was a strong girl and she truly was . But Metals do break under heavy pressure . And this was her last straw. She was done , exhausted , tired and all she wanted to do was run away .

Then she looked at sky ..all vast , wide and free. Her minds thought of running away to a place like this . A place without judgement , a place without feelings , a place without hurt - a place with only peace .

Then it occurred to her , a step and she would reach such place , isn't it ? Just one step and she would be free from all such insecurities, betrayal, hatred and judgment.

Mind being set , she took a step only to realize what she had done .

She was late but gravity too quick .

************
Dripping with sweat , a side effect of running this long , Neil Birla busted in the premises of the hotel . He hoped, he prayed , that everything was not too worse. He knew Aarohi would be angry and he was ready to kneel down in front of her and beg her forgiveness.

Just when he was entering the building, he heard a loud femine cry
" Help..."
Humanity kicked in and he helplessly ran towards the source of cry .

A few people had gathered around a figure .
Did someday jump from the roof ?
He approached slowly and made his way inside the crowd .
" She is breathing ...Call the ambulance"

He thanked God that the person was still alive . Always ready to help others , Neil went close in order to help the victim into the ambulance.

But then he saw something. The sight that would haunt him , all his years .

There in the middle, gaining everybody's attention to herself , still decked in her wedding attire , laid none other than Aarohi Goenka .

From the author: This part really deavasted me while writing . Please to comment how was it .