you lose your wedding ring (requested)

"Where is it? It has to be here somewhere." Taylor heard you grumble as she stepped into the living room.

You were obviously searching for something but for what, she wasn't sure.

She watched you lift the cushions of the couch up as you continued to mutter under your breath, tossing the pillows that you usually keep on the sofa across the room with a huff in frustration.

"Everything okay, darling?"

You jumped at the sound of Taylor's voice and turned around to see her standing across the room.

"Yeah, of course, baby. Everything's perfect!"

"Are you sure? It seems like you're looking for something." She said.

"What makes you think that?" You asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Well, considering that you almost hit me with a pillow as you tore our sofa apart and our bedroom looks like a tornado came through it and I also heard you talking to yourself? I'm just guessing."

You watched her walk to you with a cute laugh on her lips and in a panic, you hid your left  hand behind your back.

You put it into your back pocket as Taylor tried to reach for it when she was finally close enough to do so.

"Why are you hiding your hand?" She wondered.

"I'm not."

"Then let me hold it." She said and, nervously, you held your right hand out for her to take.

"Your other hand." She giggled and pulled you close by hooking her fingers through the belt loops of your shorts. "What's going on with you? Why can't I see your hand? Are you hiding something?"

"No." You said before looking down.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

You sighed and pulled your hand out of your pocket, letting her see it.

There was something missing and it only took your wife a couple of seconds to realize.

"Where's your ring?"

"I'm not sure." You confessed. "I must've lost it somewhere."

"Wow. I know you tend to lose stuff, baby, but it's been less than two weeks since we got married and it's already gone?" She joked as she kissed your nose.

"Very funny."

She laughed as she brushed her fingers across your back.

"If I'm honest, I'm afraid that I left it back in Greece."

Greece.

Your honeymoon destination.

"Did you have it when we traveled home?"

"I don't remember." You sighed. "I'm sorry, Taylor. I don't know what I did with it. It's so important to me and to you and I lost it. I'm so sorry."

She shook her head before pecking your lips.

"Don't be. Just be honest with me next time. You don't need to hide the fact that you lost it. It's fine."

"It is?"

"Yeah." She assured before kissing you once more.

You breathed out a sigh of relief when she pulled away.

You know she's as understanding as anyone can be but it's still a hard thing to confess that you lost your wedding ring, especially since it holds such a deep and sentimental meaning to the two of you.

"Are you sure it's not here somewhere, though?"

"I don't know. I still have to check the kitchen."

She chuckled as she took your hand into hers, softly brushing her thumb across your knuckles.

"We've been home for a couple of days now. You have taken a shower, haven't you?"

"Yeah, I took one just earlier this morning. Why?"

She reached into her pocket and pulled out your wedding ring, causing a gasp to fall from your lips.

"Just thinking that, perhaps, you left your ring in the bathroom."

"But I looked on the counter!" You said as she put your ring back on your finger, just as softly and romantically as she had done just a couple of weeks ago when you vowed to spend the rest of your lives together.

"It wasn't on the counter though. It was in a drawer. I found it in there when I was searching for something."

That's when it all came back to you.

"Oh, that's right. I was afraid I was going to ruin it somehow or lose it down the drain, so I took it off and put it in there for safekeeping. I must've forgotten to put it back on after."

"Yeah, you think so, cutie?" She teasingly giggled as she playfully pinched your cheeks.

"At least I found it."

"Who found it?" She playfully asked.

"Fine. We found it."

She shook her head with a laugh before cupping your cheeks.

"I love you so much, my girl."

"I love you too, Tay," You happily said as you put your lips on hers, kissing her lovingly.