110. The Tough Decisions

Start from the beginning

"And now, I arrive to see that you've been thrown into an abyss?!" He yelled, shaking her and gripping her shoulders a little tighter.

Shuǐ ChénLín stared at his 'father-in-law' in shock.

So far, Zhao ZhuYong had always spoken calmly and knowledgeably, like a self-respecting, enlightened gentleman.

Even when he had first arrived at Luo abyss, he had calmly directed Shuǐ ChénLín to look for LanFen.

But now...

Zhao ZhuYong gestured towards Yun Qin, who still stood near the edge of the abyss. "Did you really want to see if I wouldn't become like that crazy fellow over there? Wouldn't I lose it, if you had-!"

Zhao ZhuYong suddenly realized the number of eyes on them, and he caught himself. "Ahem!" He released LanFen's shoulders and neatly folded his hands behind his back.

"Er... Ahem! A-Liu, I meant to say, it's good that you've returned. Revenge is destructive, and shouldn't be taken lightly." He said importantly, making Shuǐ ChangSheng shake his head.

Unlike the rest, Shuǐ ChangSheng was used to the hot-headed version of Zhao ZhuYong, though it had been years since he had witnessed it.

"Like father like daughter, I see." Yin Long spoke from behind them, dusting his robes. "From what I always heard about Wang ShanMei, she was quiet and softly spoken, but you... I always wondered why Zhao LanFen was like this, till now."

"Master!" LanFen bowed to him. "Ehehe. I didn't think I would see you here!"

Shuǐ ChénLín noticed the jade pendant that swung from Yin Long's belt, and he hastily bowed. "High Grandmaster!"

'Yin Long is the High Grandmaster?! No, not just that...' Shuǐ ChénLín thought. 'The High Grandmaster is LanFen's Master?!!'

Will he continue to discover amazing facts about LanFen?

He glanced over at LanFen, wondering why she never mentioned it, but no... LanFen was now staring at him in confusion, which made him realize she probably didn't even know what the Jade pendant meant.

Afterall, only those within the Wulin would recognise it, and LanFen had practically been a ghost in the Wulin, until fairly recently.

But still...

"Zhao LanFen! You didn't know your own master was the High Grandmaster?!" He spoke into her mind.

"High G- Grand- - Master?!" LanFen spoke aloud without realizing, and turned back to Yin Long. Then hastily bowed her head again. 'Eish!! Did he deliberately hide this from me?!'

"I can still hear your thoughts, when you're being careless." Yin Long shook his head in amusement. "At first, I wondered why you were audacious enough to invade my home, and even help yourself to my kitchens.

"By the time I realized you had no idea of my title, your utter lack of formality was too amusing. Besides, quoting your thoughts back, 'The High Grandmaster is surely an old fogey, who has forgotten his responsibilities to the people!' Wasn't that what you believed?"

"Ehehehe, Master, I know you're not petty enough to take those words to heart..." LanFen bowed lower, then thought. 'How petty! To even remember such a thing!'

"Foolish disciple! I can still hear your thoughts!"

Meanwhile, over by the abyss, Yun Qin cocked his head at them. "In the many years I've walked this earth, I haven't been so disrespected...

"Did you forget I was here? What is this pathetic display before me?!"

They all brought out their weapons, but Yin Long appeared in their front.