"The bill is on you, Childe." Signora followed Scara leaving the ginger with the check. Sighing in dismay, he got up and went to pay for their purchases. When he got back, Childe tumbled onto his bed. Immediately getting back into his pajamas, Childe collapsed onto the bed and hugged his 5 foot long narwhal plushie that his mom got him for his nineteenth birthday, truly one of his most prized possessions. Closing his eyes once more, Childe drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

He got up at his usual time of 7 and got ready for another school day. The thing he was looking forward to most was seeing Zhongli again as 12 hours was too long in his book. Jumping out of bed and getting dressed in a blue hoodie with a narwhal embroidered on the back, the same black collar and jeans, Childe went downstairs and packed the remainder of what he needed for school. His mind was still on how Pierro acted, however. It wasn't like them to bully new students unless they had some history. Yet he didn't dare ask as he was afraid of the consequences that might come onto him.

"You're up early." Childe sat on the couch and noticed Kaeya and Diluc awake. Both of them were eating in silence.

"Well, you know, I just couldn't sleep longer and Diluc chose to wake up earlier." Kaeya stopped eating for a while to answer him. Childe joined in and the 3 continued to eat in silence. 15 minutes later, Childe left to wait for Zhongli. From what Venti said, he likes to spend most of his free time in the library. Childe walked down the deserted corridors until he found the library. He hadn't bothered to spend much time there as he used to believe only nerds would go to the library. That is, until he met Zhongli. Childe thought that Zhongli was one of the coolest people he ever met (and the cutest/hottest). The ginger claimed a table, put his things down and looked around at the books.

"History...English...Sports...Hm, what's this? Adepti, art of Liyue's protectors? Sounds interesting." Childe picked up an old looking book with a faded cover and peeling spine. The pages were slightly torn and ripped but readable.

C: I wonder why we even have this book in the first place?

Childe opened the first page and 'read' the introduction. (This is all the author's au/ideas so none of this is canon. Please correct any mistakes. It would be very much appreciated.)

Ancient Liyue once was ruled by the Geo Archon, also known as the god of contracts. Liyue was protected by the Adepti's council, with the Geo Archon seated in the center. This book will give an insight to the Adepti and their abilities.
                                       - Madam Ping

There were a lot of interesting facts in the book, from the conqueror of demons (Alatus) to the 5 yakshas and talking animals. The thing that caught his attention, however, was the prime adeptus or more commonly known as the geo archon and the Guili Assembly.

"Oh, good morning Childe. I wasn't expecting to see you here."

A deep voice snapped Childe out of his thoughts and he looked up from the book to see Zhongli sitting in front of him, several books piled next to him.

"Hey, Zhongli! I decided to come here and give some of the books a try. This one is interesting." Childe held up the book in his hands and showed it to Zhongli.

"Ah, I quite like that book too. I found it rather enrapturing to one's mind." Zhongli gave a fond smile as Childe carefully closed it and turned his full undivided attention to Zhongli.

"So, how long have you been here?" Childe was pretty sure that Zhongli was here earlier than him.

"Uh, maybe since 6:30?" Zhongli shyly looked at the stack of books.

"I'm surprised you aren't sleep deprived at this point." Childe got up and moved next to Zhongli. "Are you tired? We still have an hour before class starts."

"A bit." Zhongli subconsciously laid his head on Childe's shoulder and closed his eyes. Childe responded by wrapping his arm around him to support Zhongli as he slept. Brushing the brown hair out of his eyes, Childe stared at him. Ed Sheeran was very confused at this moment. On one hand he liked Zhongli a lot but he still had a crush on Lumine. Or so he thought. Why did Zhongli invade his mind every second of every minute of every hour of every day? Why is love so messy! Throwing his head back in frustration, Childe felt the safest person to talk to was Aether, his best friend since diapers. Well, more like Aether was in diapers. Looking at the sleeping brunette next to him, Childe felt the same warm fuzziness he got each time Lumine asked for one to one time or whenever she needed help with homework. Getting confused again, Childe decided to look at some random things on his phone.

"Oh, it seems like someone is having a little love crisis." Lisa watched everything from the back shelves. Sometimes being the librarian's helper had its advantages. Taking a picture of the 2, she sent the photo to the group chat.

Mondstadt (this is just a gc, most of the people mentioned here won't be involved in the plot much and the same applies to the other gcs. They just here for tea.)-

LisaLittleHelper: Attachment

IceBridge: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LET'S GO!!!!

Jean: Nice

Diluc: cool

Barbaratatoes: MORAX??!!! WTF?!?!?!

WIINDBLAADE: YAS! OMG!

DrunkNun: Who's that with Childe?

Jean: That's the new student. You two haven't met, right?

DrunkNun: Oh yeah. We haven't.

BaronBunny: OH MY GOD! EULA! LOOK!

Ballerina: I can see, Amber.

LadyMegistus: The stars were right.

PrinzessinDerVerurteilung: Lady Megistus is accurate!

BennyBoi: More gays!

Wolf: Good for them.

Lisa went back to her work. Meanwhile, Childe had to deal with a sleeping Zhongli for a while. And this was making his dick hard as fuck. I mean, how can he ignore the sleeping beauty next to him?

C: Just a few minutes. You can survive not being blue balled.

Words: 1634