"Good, now, let's get you some clothes."

I skim through the clothes, my fingers brushing onto the fabric

This black dress was beautiful, it was just so simple and elegant for work. I shove it back into the rack.

He took me to an expensive store, one to which he knows I cannot afford. I look up to see him leaning against the mirror whilst typing. I use this chance to go onto my online banking, once the app has opened-

- ASSETS FROZEN -

I-He froze my own credit card.

What a prick?

I swipe down onto my notification centre, to see messages from him.

Max: Catherine, call me right now and I'll unfreeze your card.

Max: I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry, you know I love you. I-I just need to know you're safe...please I'm worried. I know I fucked up; I know how badly I treated you. I hurt you. I know. I hurt you so fucking bad, please Catherine, please you know I would never intentionally harm you. I love you, you're my wife. You're everything to me.

I switch my phone off.

I glance down at the price tags; everything was over forty dollars' worth.

I close my eyes, staring at the shirt Adonis lent me with the baggy shorts. The guest clothes were too tight for me. I walk towards Adonis, "did you find anything?" He asks me, shoving his phone into his pocket. With one foot kicked back against the mirror, and his arms folded, he looked intimidating.

"Urm, no. I didn't actually. Everything is ugly." I lie to him.

He shrugs his shoulders and pushes himself off as we begin to walk through the shopping centre, "you're a rubbish liar, snowflake." He takes a free sample cheese stick from one of the employees on the stands and shoves it into his mouth.

"I'm not Adonis, I really did not like anything." I turn to look at him, only to see that he was taking another free sample whilst talking to the worker. Great. This man is a child.

I walk towards him.

"Yeah, I'll have fifty of them." I hear him, "you want to hear a joke?" Adonis throws his arm over my shoulders, oh no, no, no! No stupid joke-

"Yeah sure!" The employee said, a bright smile on her face.

"Why is Christmas the cheesiest holiday?" I face palm my forehead.

"I don't know?" She whispers.

"Because of baby cheese-us!" He bursts out of laughter; I try to hide my small smile away from him as he slides his wallet out his back pocket. "That was a good joke, right?"

"No, Adonis. It wasn't-"

"You want to hear another-"

I shake my head; he smirks at my annoyance before grabbing another free sample stick of cheese and aiming it for my mouth.

I push his hand away, "oh come on."

"No-" He pokes it against my lips, I open my mouth and he shoves it in. Sliding the stick out before putting against his refined lips, Adonis turns back and pays the woman.

I felt my heart skip a few beats, but I decide to ignore it.

After walking around, I did not buy anything.

Adonis suggested that we eat supper before heading home, primarily because I disliked it when others always paid for me. I offered to cook, but he stated he didn't have any food in the fridge. So, we headed to a good diner, where I ordered a piece of chips and a milkshake for myself. The waiters seemed to be used to having Adonis around, judging on how amicable everyone was with one another.

Adonis is a whole person compared to Ares, two different characters. Adonis is friendly, welcoming, kind. A little crazy sometimes but I, for some reason, felt safe around him. He gave me the rest of his chips to eat, "so, tell me about yourself." It was more of a demand than an order.

"What do you want to know?" I shoved a chip in my mouth.

"Why you ran away from your husband?"

AUTHOR: MY TIKTOK GOT BANNED! I AM ACTUALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW BUT I APPEALED FOR IT TO COME BACK TO ME.