Chapter 7

Azariah's POV

Sitting in this waiting room is killing me I just want to go I don't want them to touch me they are going to be all over me I hate it I know everything that the stupid person will tell me they are just going to touch to see if they are broken and then they'll tell me that they cant give me a brace due to it will be hard for me to breathe and then they'll give painkillers for the pain and then cream to help with the bruises I don't want to be here if I am not the one doing the check-ups on others I don't care. "Can we just go now it's taking too long I don't even have any money to pay the bill anyway" I whine whilst trying not to cause a scene. "No just sit down we will be seen soon I told you I'll pay for it." I just sigh and sit back in the chair and wait till I hear my name. When my name is called I get up as slow as ever and then I have to sit on the bed. "Hi my name is Dr.Adams I will be treating you today so what seems to be the issue?" the Doctor with brown hair in a bun and brown eyes and pale skin. I didn't really want to talk, but I knew that I had to be a big girl. "I have a broken rib and a few bruised and I just need the medication for it," I didn't mean to sound rude, but I just wanted to get this over and done with I was getting fed up of being here. Dalton gave me a look I knew that he wanted me to apologise but I will not because he made me come here even though I know that he wants to help me, I just don't want to be here. "Okay sweetie I'm going to need you to lift up your top so I can examine your ribs and after I see how they are it'll let me know what medicine to give you." I just lay back and lift my top up because the sooner I do this the quicker I can get out. She touches my ribs and I wince when I feel she touches most likely the broken one and then the others were a bit sore and not as bad as the others. " Okay seems as you do have a broken rib and the rest are just badly bruised I am going to give you some painkillers to keep the pain down I would advise you don't take more than four per day and I'll give you some cream to heal the bruising. "See told you it would be okay and that I wouldn't go anywhere you had nothing to worry about," Dalton tells me trying to reassure me I just give him a quite thank you almost embarrassed at my behaviour that I had shown earlier. "Okay here we are Azariah here are the pills you should take when in pain and due to it being a mild broken rib I say you take it easy don't over work yourself you can ice it a few time to soothe the pain and then the cream apply it three times a day when you wake up and before you go to bed and sometime throughout the day and they should clear up in two to three weeks and the broken one should heal within three to four weeks as long as you take it easy," As she was talking something said to me to check the bag with the medication in it and when I looked inside I was actually shocked.

"This is wrong," I said while looking at the nurse

"What do you mean Ms Winters"

"The pills are wrong this is for someone diabetes that's not the medication I need I just need painkillers." She takes the box from my hand and looks at it and once she reads it she rushes out and comes back in with the correct ones and apologises and leaves the room. Dalton and I walk to the car and get in for a peaceful journey.

"How'd you know" Dalton said as he walked in the front door and went to the sofa.

"What'd you mean?"
"How'd you know that it was the wrong medication?"
"Erm I have a nursing and medicine degree."

"Wow that's really good I am proud of you but if you have that why don't you like the going to the doctor,"

"I prefer to be the one helping the patient not the one being treated"

He hums indicating that he understood.

"So what do you work as?" I had to ask he seems so wealthy and not that I really care but he must be really successful. Especially for him to just lend me money and we just met.

"I work in finance"

Dalton's POV

I didn't want to lie to her I really didn't, but so many women just want me for my money and I do feel that me and Azariah could have that connection that I want me and her to have but I just really hope she doesn't use me like the rest I don't think she's like that but I have to protect myself in this situation.

"Look Azariah, I have taken a liking to you and I would like to take you on a date, but I know that you should be resting for a few weeks so I'll cook you a nice dinner for now and then when you're all better we can go out on a real date only if you want to,"

I don't know why I was so nervous to ask but nothing but joy was brought to me when I heard her say.

"I would love to"

"Okay so you go upstairs and freshen up and I'll call you when its ready."

Thank you for reading please vote sorry for any mistakes