Dale again palmed her face , making him grit his teeth to the extent his veins stretched on his temple.

"Seraphina, tell me. How did you get here? "

Seraphina parted her lips to answer him but her breathing hitched by watching the person standing behind Dale, who was peering at her with his wrathful gaze.

Just his blazing gaze was enough to keep her mouth shut because now she was afraid, not for her life but for her brother's and even Dale's now.

Seraphina lowered her eyes and spoke slowly.

"That waiter told me Nathan was waiting for me here, so I… . I came here and then lost my way, " She told him the half truth.

Her words didn't buy Dale

"What? What waiter and why did he lie to you? " He asked and Seraphina just clenched her fists and shook her head.

"I… I don't know, " This time she fully lied for her brother and Dale's safety.

"Can you… . "

"I think Ms. Miller is not in her most suitable state to answer your questions, so we shouldn't bother her more, " He stopped Dale's words and walked further closer to her.

He stood beside her , making her gulp.

"And you should not trust people so easily, Ms. Miller. This can result in very harmful and dangerous consequences, " His husky voice was calm but Seraphina could clearly feel the anger and threat lacing in it.

She didn't dare to look at him for once, until.

"Okay then ,let's go. Nathan must be worried about you, Seraphina, " Dale spoke and held Seraphina's hand in his.

"Let's g… "

"I'll take Ms. Miller to her brother because I need to talk to Mr Miller about something. You can enjoy the event, " Arzal stated, still trying to keep his calm.

His words made her heart rate drop.

"No, Mr Grayson . It's okay. I will… . "

"I insist, because I want you to enjoy your night as much as you can because nobody knows what is going to happen tomorrow,"

Seraphina snapped her eyes at him finally, hearing his words because she knew what he meant by them and that cunning darkness in his gaze made her assumption more firm.

Dale didn't have the audacity to defy his head boss anymore but he still thought for Seraphina first.

"Are you okay with going Mr Grayson, Seraphina? " Dale didn't care about anything but her comfort which made Seraphina guilty that she had unknowingly dragged Dale in this mess because she knew how cruel that person was and what cruelty he was capable of doing with Dale.

Seraphina unlatched her hand from Dale's grip and slowly nodded, making Dale sigh and then he looked at Arzal who was already staring at him.

Dale reluctantly lowered his head a bit before him and then left, leaving that little soul with its tormentor alone.

Seraphina was badly quivering at her place. Her fists were clenched. Her eyes were tightly shut. Tears were falling from her eyes finding her alone with him once again.

She thought he was going to hurt her, he was going to shout at her. He was going to do so many immoral things to her but all she felt was him wrapping his arms around her back and pulling her into a warm, soft and gentle hug which made her stunned.

He hugged her delicately, making her bursted out crying. She tried to push him away, she struggled but he didn't loosen his grip around her until she didn't loosen up entirely in his arms.