Chapter 39

WALANG BUHAY na mahinang natawa si Lorch dahil sa sinabi ng doktor. Bumibilis ang ang paghinga niya at mariing kumuyom ang kamay niya.

"Are you telling me my wife has been stabbed while our baby is inside her belly?" Tanong niya sa mabilis na paghinga.

Tang'na...

"Yes, Mr. Crown." Bumuntong-hininga ang doctor. "Though the stab wound was far from her womb, I would still suggest for your wife to get checked by a gynecologist for an ultrasound to make sure the baby is doing okay. Your wife lost a considerable amount of blood and it's best to check if the baby is fine and not harmed from the blood loss."

"Is our baby gonna be okay?" — Lorch

"Is my baby going to be okay?" — Saskia

Sabay na tanong nila ni Saskia.

Kinunutan niya ng noo ang asawa niya.

"That's our baby, luv. Not addressed it my baby but our baby," he corrected her then looked at the doctor again.

"The probability that your baby is fine is significantly high because she's not showing any sign of physical distress. You're not bleeding, right?" Tanong ng doctor.

Mabilis siyang tumingin kay Saskia habang kinakabahan at pinapanalangin na ayos lang ito. That there is no bleeding somewhere.

"No, doc. I'm feeling perfectly fine."

Nakahinga ng maluwag si Lorch sa narinig.

"And that is a good sign. Just don't forget to call for a gynecologist," anang doctor na may ilan pang sinabi bago ito nagpaalam na sinundan ng dalawa niyang kapatid na mukhang nakitang kailangan nilang mag-usap ni Saskia.

Mariin siyang napapikit ng makaalis ang doktor at dalawang kapatid niya saka siya nanghihinang naupo sa tabi ni Saskia. Kinabig niya ito at pinasandal sa katawan niya. His one hand rested on her still small belly.

Pinigilan niya ang maiyak dahil sa disappointment dahil parang lahat na lang ng mahahahalagang tao sa buhay niya ay hindi niya kayang maprotektahan.

"I'm sorry, luv," Lorch whispered. "I'll do better to protect you and our baby. Promise..." He gulped. "I will do better, luv. This time you and our baby will be safe and nobody will ever hurt you again."

"You seem like you don't mind having a baby." Mahina nitong saad.

"I don't. As long as it's with you. I don't mind and I will love it with everything I have." Hinalikan niya ang ulo nito. "I'm sorry you were hurt because of me but give me another chance and I'll make it up to you. Pangako wala ng mananakit sayo at sa baby natin. Just give me another chance—"

Natigilan siya ng hinaplos nito ang braso niya saka pinisil.

"It's not your fault, Lorch. You don't have to ask me for another chance because you did not do anything wrong. You provided me with what you can and that's the bodyguards. And that was enough, baby." Nag-angat ito ng mukha. "I was more worried about the thought that we didn't plan this pregnancy..."

Lorch hides his smile by kissing her temple. The many times he made love to her without thinking of her getting pregnant every time he fully cums inside her was planned. He hoped and expected it. Though he thought she could be in contraceptive, he still took his chance. And he is blessed.

Nawala nga lang sa isipan niya na pwede niya itong mabuntis dahil sa sunod sunod na problema na dumating. Pero masaya siya. Sobra. He couldn't pray for another blessing in this time when he feels so down with everything going on with his life. It'll be another responsibility but he will embrace it with all his heart because the joy it brings him is enormous. Just overwhelming.