Chapter 19

NAGMULAT NG mata si Lorch ng maramdaman ang pitik sa noo niya.

He glared at his brother Kronack that was the one who flicked his forehead.

"What do you want?" Lorch grumpily asked.

"Brother, you're not here to nap but to drink," anito saka binigay sa kanya ang hawak nitong baso. "Drink up."

Umayos siya ng upo saka tinignan si Sanity na siyang katabi niya at tulog. Tulad ng ginawa ni Kronack ay pinitik niya rin ang noo nito saka ngumisi.

"Gising."

Sanity rubbed her eyes and looked at him. "Ugly."

His brothers and friends that hear that chuckle while he just tsked and handed her a glass of martini which Sanity drank in one shot before resting her head on his shoulder again to nap. Yumakap din ito sa braso niya.

"You look like you haven't been sleeping Lorch," kuya Kreston noted. "You okay?"

Lorck drink half of his glass before answering, "Yeah, just having trouble sleeping lately."

Mula nang hindi na sila nagkikita ni Saskia at nag-uusap ay nahihirapan siyang makatulog. Their memories together are just hard not to reminisce every night as he lay awake in his bed, making him crave to see her and talk to her again.

However, he has managed to stop himself because he knew that Saskia is still mad at him for questioning her parents. The question tho; How long is he gonna stand aside for her anger to subside?

"I can stay at your house for a night, Lorch," kuya offered.

Umiling siya. "I'm fine, kuya. Thanks. I'll call if I need someone to spend a night with me."

Lumingon siya ng bumukas ang one-way mirror na pader na siyang naghahati sa lounge at entertainment area ng Ravage bar.

Agad siyang napaayos ng upo ng makita si Saskia na siyang pumasok na waitress. He also ignores the eyes of his brothers and friends that were on him.

"We ordered whiskey sour for you, bro," Ruckus informed. "Your favorite."

Lorch scowled. He didn't ask for it. He doesn't even have a plan to drink the night. He still has work tomorrow.

"Saskia, why don't you join us," Mirrow invited, tapping the space beside him.

Nakita ni Lorch ang pagngiti ng dalaga sa kapatid niya na kinairita niya. That smile should only be offered to me!

"Sorry boss, I can't." Saskia declined and put down the glass in front of him. "Your drink, boss," anito sa seryosong boses at walang ngiti.

Ni hindi siya tinignan sa mata pero nakita niya ang pagtingin nito kay Sanity na nakahilig sa balikat niya at mukhang tulog na naman.

Fuck... no...

Lorch open his mouth but didn't say anything when Saskia quickly turned around to go to the other table to serve the other drinks.

"She saw you napping with Sanity, Lorch." Bulong sa kanya ni Clysm.

Hearing that, he cussed under his breath as he follows Saskia with his eyes now leaving the room.

"Sanity!" Ginalaw niya ang braso para gisingin ang kaibigan niya ng makalabas si Saskia. "Fucking wake up!"

Umungol ito saka umayos ng upo bago nangalumbaba. "Can I go home and sleep? This fucking birthday party is boring like the celebrant. And he's late again."

Yeah... The celebrant is still not around. Great.

"Wait for a while, Sanity. You know Cypher, he's always late when it comes to this to make sure no one pulls a stupid prank on him," anang kapatid niyang si Riot.