I know she's listening so i continued.

"I was afraid gene. I'm afraid that he might kill you if i....if i told him i love you. I don't want to lose you. I'd rather see you walk away from me rather than watch your corpse that was killed by my own family. I was a jerk i admit that. But you know what the worse part is?"

I saw her clench her fist. That made me smile a bit. Let me just savor this moment.

"I killed him.. I killed my own father"

"I didn't mean it. I really didn't. She was ready to kill my mom. So i ended up killing him in fear of losing someone important to me too. And you what the worst part is?" Humagikhik ako ng mapait.

"I didn't feel even an ounce of guilt or sadness. I felt relieved that he's gone, and now i can finally pursue you. But i am too late. You have a husband now—"

"Stupid he's my friend"

"Stop trying to get my hopes up"

She held her ring finger in front if my face. To my shock neither of it was occupied.

"What...?" I asked confused.

"I don't know why my brother thought it would be funny for her daughter and Jet to pretend like my daughter and husband but i tagged along" She said nonchalantly.

"Stop lying!" Giit ko.

I need to get out of this perfect illusion before i go crazy.

"I'm not"

"Yes you are—" To utter shock she suddenly kissed me.

It was just a peck but it felt like heaven.

It sent tingles down my spine and a blush formed on my cheeks.

"Are you real?" I asked once again on the verge of crying happy tears.

She just smiled at me and started to caress my hair.

It made me yawn. It has always been my favorite thing when she caresses my hair.

"Sleep, love" Her smiling face was the last thing a saw before my eyes finally gave up.

* * *

"Fuck" I cursed out after waking up.

What happened? I asked mentally.

"Oh you're awake" Someone said from behind.

I turned around and saw that it was Gene. She's holding a glass of water.

I was speechless.

Shocked.

Surprised.

What is she doing here??

"Here" She handed me a glass if water.

I mumbled a thank you as i sip the water empty.

Gosh am i that thirsty?

"I already called Brianna to check up on you. I have to go" She uttered and was ready to leave the door.

"W-wait..." I manage to say.

She looked at me with that stoic  expression of hers and I can't help but feel sad.

She doesn't look at me that way before. I want her to look at me the same as before.

"What is it Miss Granade? I don't have all day" She said.

It took all my strength to look her straight in the eyes, but i was surprised that her eyes doesn't seem as dull as before.

Instead her eyes looks so calm right now. No storms or darkness.

Somehow it made me a little relief.

"H-how did you...um- get h-here? I don't remember calling you" Gosh pull yourself together Uzon!

"You called" She said nonchalantly.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

So she hasn't changed her number??

H-how could that be??

"Miss Granade I don't have time. Hale needs me and i have to go. Now." Madiin nitong saad kaya tumango nalang ako.

"I'm sorry" I uttered after hearing the door close.

I was left alone..

I broke down in tears. I sobbed continuesly

Everything hurts. My mind is blank, my heart is yearning for her.

She's so close yet.....so out of my reach.

What am i suppose to do when the best part of me was always you?

I let out a small chuckle remembering the same line in Breakeven.

But it's so true.

She brings out the best in me. She makes me feel something, everything i haven't felt before.

How she melted the ice barrier that has been coating my heart all my life?

I don't know..

She has that fire in her that i can't even put out even if i already tried my hardest.

She once answered that question.

"How did you manage to love me if all i did was tease you about everything?" I asked.

"You, you lit the fire inside of me Miss. You made it impossible to put out. You made it indestructible. You made it infinite. You made it your home Miss Granade" She uttered with admiration in her voice.

I cried harder knowing that she'll never say that to me ever again.

'You look dumb' She sarcastically said.

"What do you want Alissa?" I'm not in the mood for an argument.

'Leave everything to me. Just watch Uzon, you are too soft hearted now. The old you wouldn't give up that easily' She said as if she wants me to provoke myself.

"What do you know? You only appeared after that...event" I bit my bottom lip.

'Hey! I'm still a part of you, you know? I know everything Uzon. I know what you feel right now. But unlike you, I'd rather fight for her than let her go just like that' She said in a matter of fact.

"But s-she's married" I said in between sobs.

'You're pathetic. Didn't you notice that she doesn't have a wedding ring?' What??

'Yeah. You're so busy with your feelings that you didn't observe her thoroughly' She added.

I gulped.

"Even so.....she doesn't want me. The way that i want her.." Funny how i sound like one of those desperate female leads in the movies.

'Leave everything to me Uzon. Just watch' She said.

I can feel myself getting succumbed in the darkness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Then....she took over.

A/n
Revised
Twitter: MSS_DANII