Chapter 15: Royal Blacksmiths

Blue Hydrangea
|| Apology, Gratitude, Understanding ||

Third P.O.V

It yet was another day, it was high noon and Nya was explaining to the ninja about the Fangblades. "They got the first one, but there are three more, and we just need one to stop Pythor. They have a map and we don't, so the question remains, how are we gonna find them first?" Nya questioned.

"Heh-heh, I still can't get over the fact that you were the Mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?" Jay asked the other ninja. Ever since they figured out that Nya was the secret samurai, Jay couldn't help but bring it up in every conversation they had. It was like he was obsessed.

"We're over that. Can we move on?" Kai said a little aggressively. Jay gibbers.

"Someone's a little hot under the collar," Jay teased Kai with a smirk painted on his lips.

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace, and unlocked his full potential like you, me and Y/n have Jay" Zane joined in on the conversation.

"Great observation, Mr. Roboto, but Cole hasn't found it either" Kai sassed. The brown haired male was not having it.

"I've got it!" Cole exclaimed, everyone turned their heads over to Cole.

"You've unlocked it?!" Kai said in a panicked voice. "Oh! Why am I the only one?!" He whined like a child.

"No, I figured out where I recognized the Fangeblade from" Cole ran out the bridge to get the picture. Y/n then looked at Kai.

"Oh, ha, ha, is that it? Heh. Good" Kai chuckled in relief, this meant he still had a chance. Soon Cole came back with a photo book in his hands.

"I got it" He then put the book on the table and flipped the page, Jay took it and gasped.

"That's it!" Jay pointed it out, it was a photo of one of the blades, except it looked like a trophy.

"Well would you look at that" Y/n commented.

"Back where I grew up, there's this pretty big competition, where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup, My dad has won it multiple times" the black haired male informed the group.

"You never told us your dad was an accomplished athlete, what sport?" Zane looked up from the photo to look at Cole.

"Oh. He's a, uh- A blacksmith" Cole answered a bit nervously.

"Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too.  But I've never heard of a competition-" Kai was suddenly cut off.

"He's not a 'blacksmith' blacksmith ''Cole walked up to Jay. "He's a Royal Blacksmith" he then turned the page. It showed a man with black hair and a mustache wearing a brown suit with a white dress shirt and a red bow tie, and he was holding the Blade Cup, The ninja snickered at Cole's dad.

"Your dad is a dancer then?" Y/n studied the photo.

"Yeah..." Cole faintly responded with a small sigh escaping his lips.

"That's your dad?" Jay laughed out. Cole could feel his embarrassment skyrocket.

"But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?" Kai looked at the photo with furrowed brows before looking up at Cole.

"Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like, uh, Dutch... No. Clutch, Clutch powers! Anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner" Cole answered Kai's question with ease.