026

Su-jin:

NIGHT FALL HAS COME PRETTY FAST. At least, it came faster than I had expected. Now, we're all sat in a circle around the fire trying to keep warm and the night was getting colder.

"Dae-su." Su-hyeok called.

"Yes?" He responded lazily.

"How was your audition?"

"They told me to lose weight."

I let out a small smile at what he said.

"You're a good singer. Sing for us. I want to hear it."

"Forget it. I don't want to sing."

"I really like that song." Joon-yeong commented.

"You do?"

"Yes".

"Really?"

"It's really nice. You sing well."

"It'll cheer us up."

Dae-su then began to clear his throat, signaling he was gonna start singing.

"Let's go once it's over. Let's go anywhere. Once we're done studying 12 hours a day. Once the annoying sounds are over. Let's go hand in hand. Let's not run. Let's try walking slowly. Is that drool or sweat pooled on the book? No one notices the plop, plop. The plop, plop. The falling rain drops. What is boiling? Simmer, simmer. It's Mom's doenjang stew. A bowl of instant noodles. In front of the TV. Which plays nothing but static. Let's go anywhere together."

Dae-su started singing. Soon after the others started singing too. The only ones that were singing where Cheong-san, On-jo, Nam-ra and I. There's nothing for me to sing for. I've been tired and pissed off and all bloodied up ever since this started. And to top it all off, I have no idea how my brother is doing. He's the only thing I could possibly think of right now. I'm just praying nothing happens to him.

"What a nice song." Hyo-ryung muttered out.

"You said it sucked." Dae-su objected.

"Now that I actually listened to it, I think it's nice."

"That was encouraging, Dae-su."

"When did you..." On-jo started, making me and Nam-ra turn to look towards her. "start smoking?" She finished.

"Since the eight grade." Nam-ra responded. "I had no friends and no outlet to relieve stress."

"Did you ever need a friend?"

"I'm not sure. I can't tell."

"You always put up a wall. You always wore earphones and never said a word. Wasn't it because you didn't like us?"

"I never disliked you guys. I just...didn't have any friends."

"To be honest...I didn't like you." Hyo-ryung confessed.

I gave her a side that read "why."