016

Author:

A FEW MINUTES HAVE PASSED and some kids were seated down in chairs as some of them were still crying. Cheong-san and Su-jin stayed by the window looking out. Su-jin looked at Cheong-san's hand and brought her hand to his, intertwining their fingers together. Cheong-san looked at their hands and then looked back outside, not letting go.

"Gyeong-su, that punk. He was such a good kid. Why did he have to turn?" Dae-su sobbed.

"I told you he was infected." Na-yeon brought up, unfazed on what had just happened.

"Are you happy?" Dae-su sobbed again.

"You were all wrong. Only I was right. What if you didn't have me?" She spat.

"I wish we didn't.." Su-jin mumbled, Cheong-san looked at her as she looked at the school field.

"Hey. Maybe you did it." Nam-ra finally spoke out since all of this first started.

"What?"

Nam-ra walked over to Na-yeon and stood in front of her. Su-jin turned to them, making Cheong-san turn back to staring outside.

"I saw...what you did."

Na-yeon got up and walking in front of Nam-ra. "What? What did you see?" She semi-yelled, already getting very defensive.

"You did it."

"I didn't do it. I didn't do that to Gyeong-su."

"I didn't mention him."

Cheong-san then turned around to look at them, breaking his and Su-jin's contact without both of them even noticing.

"Stop that. What do you mean?" Wu-jin protested.

"I didn't do it."

"While we were all looking at him, you were in the back alone." Nam-ra then turned to the bloodied stick in the corner, pointing at it. "You wiped that blood with your handkerchief."

"No, I didn't." Na-yeon denied for the 3rd time.

"You rubbed that on Gyeong-su's wound, right?"

"I didn't."

"Your handkerchief is in your pocket."

"And if it is?"

"Take it out."

"No."

Nam-ra brought her hand out, "Take it out."

Na-yeon slapped her hand away making Su-hyeok stand up immediately. "I said, no."

"Should I take it out?" Nam-ra said and then went to grab it but Na-yeon was quick to stop her and push her hand away.

"Damn it. Who the hell do you think you are? Is classroom president special?" He yelled as she pushed Nam-ra, making the side girl slap her across the face.

"Since when did you consider me your classroom president?"

"Nam-ra, that's enough." Ms. Park said as she walked over to the two girls. "Nam-ra, do you realize what you're saying? If that's true, it means Na-yeon killed Gyeong-su."

"It's true. Na-yeon...killed Gyeong-su."

"You fucking bitch." Na-yeon spat, taking out her handkerchief and throwing it at Nam-ra's chest. "There you go. Satisfied?"

Nam-ra picked it up off the floor and examined it. "There's blood on it."

"I wiped Gyeong-su's wound."