Familiar's, maybe

~Killua's POV~

Eventually, we reached the driveway of a small cottage built next to a sizable body of water. Bisky pulled into a parking space, jumped out, and quickly made herself at home in this unfamiliar location. Following her cautiously, everyone else searched the area for anything that might be a trap or an undead individual. She abruptly entered the area and skipped around, peeking in everything possible. "Although it is quite small, it will do." She complained, giving me a headache already. In some ways, the old hag Bisky is less mature than the rest of us. "Perhaps we should wait until the people return?" Gon advised, a little taken aback by Bisky's impolite behavior.

"Oh, stop being so foolish; they said we should settle in. All of you, please, relax! When they return, we can speak with them." She comments while prying open every drawer and every object with a handle or knob.

I sighed in defeat and fell down onto the couch in the center of the room, Gon reluctantly following my movements and sitting next to me, close enough to give me butterflies. Am I really this touch starved? "I feel like crap letting her do this." He huffed, leaning towards me to whisper. I hummed in agreement, though I was barely listening, leaning back a bit more and placing my arm on the back of the couch, around Gon. Smooth.

He hadn't seemed to notice this gesture and continued to mutter about how the people would react when they came home to this. I peeked over my shoulder at Bisky who had somehow found a fat stack of useless money and was counting it at the table.

I took my arm from behind Gon and gripped his shoulder, pulling his back to lean against my chest. Risky. "It'll be OK; money doesn't seem to be an issue right now, and she appears to be preoccupied with that." My tone was clear, but I felt compelled to stutter. His breathing became choppy, and he squirmed slightly. "Killua-" Zushi then decided we looked comfortable, plopping down on top of us all laid out.

"Quit flirting; we have far more serious things to discuss. How will we tell whether the two guys are knowledgeable enough to be a part of our little group thingy?" He inquired, both Gon and I blushing from the first bit. "We weren't flirting, and I suppose we might ask them a few questions to test their... apocalyptic knowledge?" As if it were a question, Gon said.

Zushi hummed and slowly stood up, pressing his hand firmly against my leg for support, and skipped away. I grumbled and drew my leg up to my chest, gripping it tightly. His arrogant idiot threw every pound of his body into his hand at that moment.

Gon was amused by my 'behavior,' grinning and placing a hand over my leg. "Oh no, do I need to kiss it better?" He replied sarcastically, covering his mouth to keep his chuckle quiet. I smirked back, gathering the courage to lean in close to his face, Grin unflinching. "Please, yes. I also have a headache; can you help with that?"

Gon quickly stopped laughing, flushing pink, and pushed me away from him. "Maybe Zushi was right about the flirting. Oh, we should..." His glance averted from mine as if he was looking for an excuse.

"I was joking, of course. Unless you really, truly want to." My confidence was skyrocketing, but I knew it wouldn't last long.

The two dudes walked into the house, surprising all of us, and what they saw was a blushing Gon next to me, Bisky sitting at a table nearby and counting the money that belonged to them, Zushi and Ikalgo laying on the floor beside Bisky, and Leorio sitting in an armchair on the other side of the room.

They disregarded the scene and closed the door behind them after dumping off their belongings in the kitchen.

"S-so uh, can we ask you a few questions? We wanted to make sure you know enough about what's going on before we trust you." Gon asked through the silence. The newcomers looked at each other before looking back, nodding their heads in agreement. "Of course. As long as we can do the same to the lot of you. We will take turns asking questions, got that?~" The clown guy, Hisoka, answered.

We all agreed to these terms, and after pushing Bisky away from the table, Gon and I took a seat across from the men. "Then we'll go first. What are some facts regarding the walkers?" Gon questioned. It was a simple topic.

"We did some 'Research,' and discovered how they constantly alert prey with their noises, and we battled almost none who hadn't created a fuss. It also warns neighboring walkers, making it tough to battle one at a time without others joining in. Although their groans notify others nearby, they provide little to no information to other walkers, implying that no matter what the walker is making noises about, the others will follow.

Because most of them have slow attack speeds, anyone should be able to avoid their attacks if they know what they're doing. They also tend to make a beeline toward their prey, making obstacles harder to avoid. It has also been proven that they are incapable of swimming and will sink to the bottom if they try. Zombies, like humans, can suffer from heatstroke or hyperthermia. Although there is a lot more to them, this is the most fundamental information. I'm not sure how you've made it this far if you don't understand the basics." Gittarackur, the one with long black hair, explained while we listened carefully.

"We do, indeed. You do seem to know a few things. What is your question for us?" In turn, I asked.

"Summarize an apocalypse. From what will happen first, to how it will end.~" After this was said, Gon decided that he wanted to do the talking.

"The panic would be the first thing to happen. Many people would rob stores or commit crimes out of fear, and many would die as a result. Fires, murders, and fights would kill a large number of people before the number of walkers could increase. The number of crop scavengers will increase as the global human population declines. Walkers will pick off the livestock, killing thousands of animals in piles. Their decomposing bodies will contaminate rivers with bacteria, rendering them unsafe to drink.

The government and military may still be alive, but they are running out of materials, ammunition, food, and other requirements. They will die over time, either by attempting to fight the walkers, running out of food and water in safe camps, or other reasons. By then, the walker population will outnumber the remaining humans. Many additional secure areas for humans to live inside will gradually run out because the majority of the people inside are uneducated and will die from dehydration, hunger, or a lack of medicines.

Fewer and fewer people will know how to make medicine or defend themselves in circumstances where they are alone and must fight a large number of walkers at once. It will most likely end around then unless people work together to develop an antidote, which is quite doubtful at this point."

He explained without pausing to consider what he was saying as if he had already thought about this several times.

I blushed and cursed myself for thinking everything he did or say was attractive.

"That's sufficient, I suppose. We have no further questions. However, we are happy to answer any additional questions you may have." Gittarackur says.

Both Gon and I shook our heads, agreeing that neither of us had any more questions.

"Very good. We only have one spare bedroom, and a couch-."

"I'll take the couch because I'm the only woman. It's just logical." Bisky exclaimed, leaping onto the couch and exhaling in relief. "That's alright; two people can sleep on the bed while the others sleep on the floor. What do you think?" I offered, hoping that Gon and I would get to share the bed and the others would have to sleep on the floor.

"Why not just let Leorio share the bed with another person?" As per Gon, the mention caused Leorio's head to perk up and nod before reverting to his daydreaming.

Gon sighed deeply. "Maybe we should all go to bed. I think we need it."

After that, Hisoka escorted us to the spare room, where he retrieved a pillow for Bisky and said goodnight before closing the door to the shared bedroom.

Leorio and Ikalgo shared the bed, while me, Gon, and Zushi slept on the floor next to the mattress, each on a thin blanket and one pillow.

The lights were out, and the only thing you could hear through the silence was Ikalgo's silent snoring. I had been drifting off myself when I felt a gentle poke on my cheek, forcing my eyes open only to see Gon staring back at me. "Killua?"

"Yes, Gon?"

"Will you come with me and Leorio tomorrow to find Kurapika and bury him?"

[Words: 1.6K]

Sorry for the... very slow upload. ;[