Proposal?- Part 6

As the months went by, Chuck and his mom kept building their relationship back from the ground up. Soon enough, they were able to greatly understand each other and their mindsets. Chuck's mom kept her promise to stand back whenever her son was going to make any decisions at all, and it actually helped her to give her son better advice.
Chuck eventually got the courage to introduce Whammer to his mom. They quickly got to know each other and Chuck's mom started treating Whammer like her son in law immediately. Life was going pretty smoothly with no major changes.  Everything was going good and everyone was happy.
One fine day, however, Whammer and Chuck were walking through Fair City, to the playground. Little did Chuck know, Whammer was about to carry out his master plan right then and there, by the hot dog stand in the playground where they first met. Whammer grew attached to Chuck because of helping him with the mustard scenario, the first time they ever interacted.

"Um, Chucky?"

"Yeah, Whammer?"

"Well, Whammer has been very happy to know you for all these years. You came in and made Whammer's life a happy mess, and that is why Whammer loves you. Whammer doesn't just love you for your delicious sandwiches or your goofy personality, Whammer loves you because... you saved him."

Chuck's face turned red, and his voice got soft. Chuck's mind was put to rest, but in a peaceful kind of way. I saved someone, Chuck thought to himself, But how? I used to be a villain.

"Oh, uh... thank you, Whammer. I love you more, y'know that right?"
"Impossible, Whammer loves Chucky the most!"

Chuck let out a chuckle, and he watched with full concentration as Whammer got down on one knee. He was moving slow, but he seemed excited to tell Chuck what he was telling him. He presented Chuck a small case, and it didn't take long until Chuck figured out what was happening. Chuck froze in his place, not sure how to feel.

"Chuck, will you... marry me?" Whammer asked, as he opened the case. It was a shiny ring, with a hematite gemstone on top of it. Around the ring were small, multicolored diamonds.

Chuck was taken aback by Whammer's sudden change of grammar, but the thing that he was shocked by most was that Whammer would ask such a life changing and sudden question. Besides that, however, Chuck's eye's filled with excitement and tears, but they were tears of joy, tears of absolute happiness and surprise.

"Whammer... of course I'll marry you! This ring is beautiful... it fits me perfectly."

Chuck put on the ring, and walked to the old hot dog stand with Whammer. It was still in decent shape, but no one was there running it anymore. It didn't have a "for sale" sign on it or anything. Woah, did we really know each other for that long? Chuck thought, astonished by the thought in itself.

"It's funny how things change, huh Whammer?" Chuck said, grabbing onto Whammer's hand and squeezing it tightly.

"Yeah, we haven't been here in so long. Whammer wanted to take Chuck here because this is where we first met and talked. Whammer always knew that him and Chucky would be good friends..." he placed his other arm around Chuck's shoulder "...yet he never expected to be even more than friends. You complete Whammer."

"Yeah, and I'm so glad we ultimately decided to become friends after our constant bickering. I'm happy we learned to tolerate each other." Chuck suddenly started to feel ashamed and pitiful. "When my mom was still the 'mean ol' witch across the street' according to the others, I never knew what a true friend was because I never realized I had friends. Mom used to leave me in a box of my own mind, and whenever I wanted to share my mind with others she always kept me locked inside the box. Gosh, she improved her attitude so I shouldn't be angry about that anymore."

Whammer smiled softly at Chuck, "Whammer believes that you don't have to forgive your mom immediately, you can take as much time as you want to build your relationship back."

Chuck replied "Well, it's not that I don't forgive her. It's more like things were really enclosed, as if she wanted me to stay in my own world. But now that I've discovered your world, Whammer, I don't have to stay there anymore."

Chuck looked up at Whammer's soft and calm expression and gave him a long and slow kiss. Whammer kissed him back, and they continued their adventure as the sun was going down.

The next day, Chuck announced his engagement with Whammer to Two Brains and Butcher, who both congratulated him and Whammer's biggest life change so far with smiles, hugs, and maybe a few tears.

"I'm so proud of you, pal!" said Butcher, hugging his sandwich friend tightly as a tear fell from his face.

"INVITE ME TO THE WEDDING, PLEASE!!" Two Brains screamed, as he was pulling on Chuck's shirt collar.

"Haha, don't worry you guys! You are both invited to the wedding!" Chuck replied, patting Two Brain's back.

Two Brains and Butcher finally got to see their youngest food group member grow up, and although they felt really old they knew that they would always be proud of him.