Sailing through the valleys

Start from the beginning

Trilochan RC - Because of your unpredictable activities which even you don't know when you will end up doing.

Anirudh (turning away his face out of frustration) - Kaka.....uuufff.....what should I do of you!! You are unpredictable yourself. If I dont obey you then you are spitfire and even if I do then also the same reaction.

Arey chuppppp!!! Silent all of you I yelled out of frustration.

Both uncle and his nephew gazed at me with shock.

Koeli - But choto kortta babu I said I'll clean up the Thakur ghor on Tuesday not today.

Bor babu facepalmed himself failing to manage the situation.

"But koeli didi you said today 4 pm you will clean it up, you forgot so soon?" I answered trying to control the damage holding koeli didi's hand in a tight grip.

Koeli didi (widening her eyes, guessing the situation) - oh Han Han Bouma....right!! Yes I said so but .....(grinning out of nervousness)
kortta babu asholey (actually) I went to terrace for taking down the pickle and papad jars so I forgot...

Trilochan RC (in a foaming tone) - Koeliiiiiiii......I am observing you have gone careless in your work. Just because of you, our Bouma had to go out in this condition. Was your pickle jar and papad more important than taking care of our Bouma's needs? You know this is a delicate situation for her since what happened in school? The entire Tulsipur knows of it. Had that Munshi's wife caught her and humiliated her and her prestige would have been breached infront of the village again, who would be responsible for it? And how come you forget to clean up the Thakur ghor when you said you would? So casual attitude towards God's care. Emni cholbe na koeli. Ki holo chup kore achis keno? (What happened why are you quiet now?)

Koeli didi (lowering her head) - Forgive me boro kortta babu. I am extremely sorry, I'll ensure this doesn't happen again. I'll surely clean Thakur ghor tomorrow. I promise.

Trilochan RC (nodding accepting her apology) - Better remember that or else you can pack up your bag and leave for your village tomorrow.

To our embarrasement, Koeli didi slowly nodded covering her mouth lowering her eyes.

Anirudh (trying to pacify) - kaka..... Kaka chede din na. Hoi jaye emni bhul kokhono kaaj er chaapey (just leave now, sometimes such mistakes happen under work pressure) if didi leaves who will take care of Bondita from henceforth during her months?

Trilochan RC (with a mocking smirk) - Why? Her mother will take care of her. Remember son?

To my sudden surprise over Kaka's words, pati babu appeared shock with widened up eyes.

Anirudh (stammering, as kaka left) - ka...ka.....

"Koeli didi.... I am sorry. You got scolding because of me" I approached towards her with remorseful eyes holding my earlobe.

Koeli didi (wiping her tears, smiling) - Ei na na bouma.... You do not need to cry. Your kaka shoshur is a little angry on me because he loves you so much, he does not really mean it. I understood your signal and managed the situation or else if he came to know why you went out, then you both would have got into serious trouble. I don't know why you went out but your intentions are always for a greater cause when you risk your safety is known to me since a long time now bouma. Arey kendo na (do not cry) bouma you are like my daughter right?

Anirudh - Sorry koeli. I should have informed you in advance. But, Bondita would get this much late was what even I couldn't guess. So I had to lie.