Part 12: Tanamera

Start from the beginning

"His mother used to work at the Inn. Ha ha ha!" Both the monkey-men laughed.

Uma moved like a ghost on the roof and trailed them. She couldn't quite make out what they said to each other, but they kept repeating his name, so she knew she was following the right people. One of them turned around after seeming to feel the sensation of being followed. He looked up but didn't see anybody.

She continued following them as they walked down the alley. Then they knocked on a large door. The door opened, revealing a bouncer, who recognized them and greeted them. Before the door closed, Peacock Girl walked and entered from the opposite side. They walked in to a three-story pagoda building. The ground floor was a large restaurant where most patrons were drunk, surrounded by beautiful women, beautiful asura women. One man was standing on his table, singing, drunk, half naked. Some patrons were already passed out on the floor. Yes, it's the brothel, Lotus Inn.

Uma moved to a higher roof to take a closer look. One man was chasing a naked woman around the bed on the second floor. Another man was making love to a cat woman. Uma could see the two monkey-men being escorted by a heavily bejeweled fat lady, the mamasan, she herself a peacock woman. They chatted while they walked up the flight of stairs.

Then there he was. The huge chamber on the third floor. The Black Werewolf. He lay on his back while a young fox girl sat on his waist. Naked. The Om position. Deep lotus position. The whole chamber was red in color. The walls were red. The pillars were red. The fox girl's silk qipao hanging around her naked body was red. The fox girl moaned as she straddled him slowly back and forth. Arakk hummed a tantric chant with his eyes closed. His breathing gradually became uneven. He pulled her in and started thrusting into her deeper, faster, harder, repeatedly. She threw her head back, holding back her scream, then her stomach went into spasm and he dove his face between her breasts and gave out a loud groan.

They lay still for a while, the fox girl catching her breath, then she moved aside and Arakk stood up, walked naked toward a table, and lit a spice cigar. Uma had been expecting an old ugly warlord, but he was much younger than she'd imagined. There he was, a human body with a wolf's head, in his full-frontal glory. Tall with broad shoulders, scarred from previous battles, he had a long deep gash over his right eye. He sat down on a wooden chair, legs spread wide opened, blowing smoke from his spice cigar like the Kingpin that he was.

Uma noticed a movement from the corner of her eye and laughed silently to herself when she recognized the silhouette, it was Oja. She smiled at Oja, turned her head, signaling her to look. Oja peered at the starkly naked warlord laid out in his chair and rolled her eyes.

They waited for a moment, then Oja made the call, using cupped hands to amplify her snake hiss, which only those trained to hear knew of. Moments later, Kael, Saburo, and the others showed up. They watched and waited for an opening.

Oja moved to another corner and inspected the red chamber from a different perspective. She thought for a moment, then she signaled the team that she was moving in. They ran across the roof like ghosts and leapt to the roof of the Lotus Inn. Uma found an open window to slip in. The corridor was long, dimly lit, and red in color. She moved swiftly down the hall and turned a corner.

Nobody.

She ran ahead of the team to the end and turned another corner.

Nobody. Silence.

Then she ran to the other end.

What the...?

Arakk's guards were ready for her, standing there waiting, about ten of them, parang blades drawn. Grunting and low growls sounded in the hallway. All mongooses. Uma stood there, stunned for a moment, then Oja arrived from behind and walked up slowly, standing firm beside Uma.