Chapter 1- Is that really her?

Ciara's POV

The bell rings and I groan, sometimes I wonder, why are we even being taught English, we don't even need it in the real world, like seriously.

I sit next to Natasha who's asleep on her textbook, So I tap her shoulder.

"Someone had a rough night?" I ask with a laugh.

She yawns, rolling her eyes at me. "No, I stayed up all night for my history exam, which is something you should do too. But anyway, I heard there are some transfers coming this year," she says while getting up to apply eyeliner.

I sigh. "Again? Let's see how long they're gonna last here. The last ones barely lasted a week before leaving."

Natasha opens her mouth to speak, but the bell rings, announcing the start of class. Mrs. Spencer starts writing on the board with a textbook in her hand, glancing back and forth between the book and her writing on the board.

I wrote down everything, barely paying attention. Then, there's a knock at the door. Mrs. Spencer stops her lesson, opening the door and letting the person in.

"Class, listen up! We have a new transfer student. Please, give Ms. Marissa Mendez a warm welcome."

Some stop to see a tallish Hispanic girl with straight black hair and blue highlights down her back. There are silver rings on three of her fingers on each hand, three pieces of jewelry around her neck, that compliments her black midriff halter top and showing off her bright gold belly button piercing. She's wearing black ripped shorts with fishnets to match along with combat boots and a flannel tied around her waist. To top it all off, she has her book bag on her shoulder.

I look up from my notes in disbelief. Tʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ ɪᴛ? Yᴇᴀʜ, ʀɪɢʜᴛ, I ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪᴛ.' Tʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴛᴏᴘs ᴡʜᴇɴ I sᴇᴇ ʜᴇʀ. Mᴀʀɪssᴀ? Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀ sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋs sᴏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪᴛ's ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴇʀ.

Tʜᴏsᴇ Bʀɪɢʜᴛ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴅɪᴍᴘʟᴇs ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴍɪʟᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀs, sᴋɪɴ sᴏ ᴛᴀɴɴᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟʏ I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ.'

"Ci? Sis, what? What's wrong with you? Earth to Ci? Ms. Nettlemyer!?" I hear Natasha and Mrs Spencer, which snaps me out of deep space.

"Uh, I mean, yes?" I ask Ms. Spencer.

"I asked whether you can show Ms. Mendez around school for her classes."

I hesitate, fiddling with my pen. " I, uh- no, I can't. I have a history exam. Sorry."

Everyone stares at me with tilted heads. I peek down at my notes, wanting to be swallowed by a black hole. I was too busy in my head to hear the bell ring. I clumsily grab my purse and notebook, racing out of the classroom. Natasha isn't too far behind me.

"Ci, wait up! I can't run in these damn heels! Slow your fast walking ass down."

I stop as she catches up to me at my locker, dusting off her tan short skirt and her white button up blouse. She bends down slightly to readjust her closed toed gold heels while leaning against my locker.

I ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ʜᴇʀ I'ᴅ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀ ᴍɪʟᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴄʟᴀssʀᴏᴏᴍ sʜᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɢɪʀʟ I'ᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs'  Natasha snaps me out of my thoughts as she slams my locker shut stops with her books in hand...

I ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ʜᴇʀ I'ᴅ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀ ᴍɪʟᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴄʟᴀssʀᴏᴏᴍ sʜᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɢɪʀʟ I'ᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs' Natasha snaps me out of my thoughts as she slams my locker shut stops with her books in hand agitated look on her face'.

" Bitch I know you didn't just space out while I was talking to you I asked you mind telling me what all that was about? You've acted that way towards any transfer student why now and don't say it's nothing I know it do you know her or something?."

I brush the comment off. " No I never seen her before in my life I thought she looked like someone I freaked but I overreacted now I have a history exam to get to then chemistry see you at lunch Tash." I quickly leave to chemistry I can sense her shaking her head at me as I walk away going to class.

" I quickly leave to chemistry I can sense her shaking her head at me as I walk away going to class

Do you guys like the introduction so far?

Will Ciara tell Natasha the truth?

Opinions on Ciara?

Opinions on  Natasha?

𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎: 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜. (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara