epilogue • one

Dear future husband, Here's a few things, You'll need to know if you wanna be, My one and only all my life ≈ Dear Future Husband, Meghan Trainor

"Where are we going?" I laugh as Kyle drags me along.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?" He retorts, tugging my hand.

I can hear the sticks and leaves crunch underneath our feet, and I can smell the musky, woodsy scent. "Are you seriously taking me into the forest for our date?" I say, smiling. I love the woods.

Kyle laughs but doesn't say anything, which just confirms my suspicions. "I want tonight to be special."

So do I. It's been a year since we fully mated. A full-on I'm-busy-but-not-too-busy-for-you year. We've gotten through it somehow. We have each other, and that's all we really need. Everyone else is just an added bonus.

"Okay, we're here." Kyle says, and I hear something rustle.

"If a Wolf jumps out, I'm going to scream." I warn.

"It's a rabbit, Gem." Kyle laughs. He guides me down so that I'm sitting down. I feel a picnic blanket underneath me, and a basket beside me. Kyle sits on my other side. "Okay, what should we eat first? Entree, main or dessert?"

I laugh, because it's such a weird question. "Entree. Let's go with tradition."

••

"Kyle, do you want kids?" I ask after I finish my mouthful of pasta.

"Definetly. I want a family with you, Angel." He answers straight away, no hesitation. 

Oh God.

"When?" I ask, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Soon, I think. I mean, I'm not going to pressure you into it, Gem, but... I always just imagined having a big family."

I nod and smile, because everything is perfect. He's perfect.

A whole year since we mated, since I'd seen his face, and everything is still perfect. Sure, we've had a few major fights and ups and downs but right now, here with Kyle, it's perfect.

"I was going to wait until after dessert, but if I wait any longer I think I might throw up." Kyle mumbles, helping me stand up.

"What are you doing, Ky?" I ask. He doesn't answer, instead he guides my hands onto his shoulders.

I'm confused for a second, until I feel his shoulders lower, until their about to my waist. My heart races when a scenario runs through my head for what he could be doing, down so low and really nervous, but I make sure to not get my hopes up.

"Gemma, I love you. God, I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up to you everyday, and go to bed with you every night. I want to hold your hand every minute of everyday and see your smile whenever I want. I need you by my side, Angel, otherwise I'm nothing. My love lies within you, and that's why I'm asking you, Gemma Anderson, will you marry me?"

My hand fly to my mouth, the tears already long falling. "My love lies within you, and that's why I'm asking you, Gemma Anderson, will you marry me?" Ohmygod!

I'm speechless, absolutely speechless. A single word doesn't get past my throat and for a second I think he's made me eternally mute. "Yes. Yes, of course, ohmygod, yes!" I squeal, sounding like a fifteen year old girl but I don't care. I'm getting married to Kyle Taylor.

I feel the cold metal slip onto my ring finger on my left hand, and I feel it with my hands. There's a huge diamond at the top. Then I remember something.