Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

He rolled his eyes, "Really? Because you were frowning."

"Yeah well... you can be a real pain in my ass sometimes."

He smirked and leaned closer, "Oh really?" He whispered.

I put a hand on his chest and pushed him away from me, scowling. Then, I started running down the hill toward the beach. I looked back to find Enzo staring at me, dumfounded.

"Come on!" I shouted back at him.

I caught a glimpse of him beginning to jog after me as I turned my head back. I was almost at the steps leading to the beach when I felt arms hook around my waist.

I squealed, and laughed as I almost tumbled down the steps.

"Got you..." Enzo nibbled on my ear, swaying us back and forth a little bit.

I closed my eyes and filled my nostrils with the scent of the sea. I immediately relaxed in my lover's arms and started carefully walking down the stairs.

Enzo let go of me so we could walk down the stairs properly and make our way to an empty—and preferably dry—spot on the beach.

Once we found the perfect spot, I grabbed the blanket we had taken from the hotel room and laid it flat on the sand. Enzo put out a little picnic basket down on the mat to keep it from flying away.

I kicked off my shoes just as Enzo sunk down onto the mat and dragged me down with him. I was nestled in between his legs as we stared at the sun that was just now rising over the horizon.

I closed my eyes for a second, leaning back and resting on Enzo's chest. I felt his lips on my forehead.

"I don't want this to end," he muttered against my skin.

"Me neither, my love... me neither."

I opened my eyes to see him smiling down at me. He brushed a few strands of hair away from my forehead.

"My beautiful love."

My smile grew wider. I sat up and turned so I could sit on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his chest. He kissed the top of my head, his lips lingering for a little longer than usual.

"I love you, Enzo."

"I love you too."

++++

We left Greece a few days later.

I was sitting in the plane now, scrolling through Instagram with Enzo's head on my shoulder and his fingers laced with mine.

He was fast asleep.

Usually, he never slept on planes. Every single plane ride and train ride, I had been the one asleep for most of the time. Whenever I woke up and asked him if he had slept at all, he shook his head and smiled at me.

He's stressed.

I know he's stressed about returning home. I know he's stressed about getting back into his usual work routine. I know he's stressed about life in general.

But I'm going to try my absolute hardest to make sure he doesn't overwhelm himself too much. I'm going to be there with him every step of the way, and I'm going to help him as much as I can.

Because I fucking love him.

I switched my phone off after shooting Willow one last message. We would be landing in a few minutes. Her and Rowan were waiting for us as we speak.

I looked down at Enzo who was still sound asleep on my shoulder. I frowned and felt moisture in my eyes.

The love I felt for Enzo was so overwhelming... I was afraid it would consume me. I can't believe he's real sometimes... I can't believe he's mine either.