𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

Start from the beginning

"Slow down," I snapped, getting out of bed. The floor was cold against my bare feet. I limped over to the closet chair, the pain shooting through my leg unbearable. "What are we doing?"

"We're Maverick and Hurricane, a Kazansky and a Mitchell, what do you think?"

I gasped aloud. "I am not stealing an aircraft, Mav! My ass is already in hot water, and I don't think you noticed, but I stole a plane three days ago and almost died!"

"Do you want to go on this mission or no?" Maverick snapped, annoyed.

I was quiet for a moment. 

Did I want to go on this mission?

I'd seen the way my family had looked after they thought they'd never see me again. Did I want them to have to go through that again?

I could feel Maverick's eyes boring into my skull, wearing holes into it. "I - I don't know, Mav, maybe it's better if I just take a little break." 

"Kazansky's don't take breaks, Kazansky's fight." Maverick challenged, knowing exactly what would put my over edge. "If you want to prove you everyone you can do it, then do this. Prove that you're not just a nepotism baby." 

I clicked my tongue, finally glancing up at him. "My doctor's name is Alex Rolfe, go find his intern and get me some discharge papers." I'd never seen him smile bigger as he was rushing out the door.  "Oh, and some scissors, I need some scissors." 

★★★

Most people would think that the hardest part of sneaking out of a hospital would be forging the discharge papers, but in reality it was finding a wheelchair since I couldn't walk from my room to elevator. 

Also, Mav only has a motorcycle. 

And my car was still at base.

Let's just say that I never have to urge to ride a motorcycle, or with Maverick in general, again. 

Luckily, all of the pilot's were either in a classroom or the wreck room by the time we arrived and as I was smuggled, yes actually smuggled, into the girls locker room so I could put on my flight suit. 

I refused to let Mav carry me to the plane, so I limped the whole way there. Then did pre-flight checks. And crawled into the plane on my own. 

It was like dejavu from three nights ago, except this time I actually had a reason to be getting into a plane without permission. 

"Hurricane, can you hear me?"

Mav's voice was quiet and I could tell whatever in-your-motherfucking-face plan he had, didn't start until I was in the sky.

"Loud and clear, Mav." I flipped on the left engine, and then the right. I felt the plane roar to life. "I'm ready when you are." 

We'd gone over the plan at least five times before we'd even reached the base, yet, I still couldn't help but repeat it once more. 

2 minutes, 15 seconds.

Hit the target with a missile.

Let it explode.

Get outta there. 

"Connect with the air tower is a go." Maverick said, and my hand was on the control stick, moving the plane forward. "I'm putting the simulator in you nav system now."