Chapter Seven - Why Can't I Have a Penguin

As the school year continued it got colder and colder. Something I hated with every fiber of my being. I really hate the cold.

It was before Halloween when the first of the snow fell, and at the time I laughed and thought 'Hey snow! Hope you enjoy melting tomorrow!'

It didn't melt though, so I was not in such a good mood. I like the outdoors and I like spending time out there. Which is why I am in my current situation...

  "Lily?" I asked my teeth chattering, I shifted my weight on the rock I was sitting on as I was not comfortable at all. Not at all.

"Yes Alex?" Lily replied in a tiered and slightly irritated tone which I did not appreciate, I wake her up once and she gets all grumpy about it! She has waken me up every Saturday morning for the past two months!

"Why in Merlin's name are we sitting outside right now freezing our toes off when we could be... oh I don't know... BY THE FIRE PLACE READING A BOOK OR SOMETHING!" I yelled the last part and she glared at me. I think I may have upset her or something, but she still replied which is a good thing I guess.

I guessed wrong.

"Well Alex, we are down here because you said and I quote, 'Hey Lil! Let's go down to the lake its not that cold, ha! We could go swimming its so warm!" She shot me another menacing glare. "So Alex, we are down here because you DRAGGED US DOWN HERE!"

Yes, she yelled the last part. I shall remember not to anger her again because it is like really scary. She has a really big temper, and I am hoping she doesn't hold grudges. I will be in trouble if she does.

"Well..." I said oh so awkwardly, "Let's go back up to the school then." She had already left me for her Slythrin friend... Snev? Snivel? Something like that, by the time I had finished my sentence. I walked up to the castle alone and from the time it took me to get to the front doors of the castle from the lake I had decided to find my brother.

I didn't find him before dinner, which upset me as my brother seems to always be there for me when I don't need him and the one time I do he isn't there. So since I couldn't find him I was forced to eat dinner, a wonderful mean, alone.

After dinner which I was very upset about eating alone I was still looking for my brother, and that is when I ran into his idiot friends, James and Sirius.

"Hey! James! Black!" I called after them, they moved quick but turned around and stopped when they saw it was me. "Where's Rem?" I asked them out of breath, I made a mental note to start working out. It was most likely not going to happen, I should just accept it.

"Alex, don't you know what tonight is?" James asked me a concerned look on his face, I shook my head confused. "It's the full moon Al, I am pretty sure he is waiting for you at the place."

James had whispered the whole full moon thing, he doesn't know that I told Lily I hang out with Remus on those days watching the special creatures (not including werewolves) that only come out on full moons. It doesn't matter anyway, she was no where near us and I was in a panic.

"What! Where is he! Oh merlin..." I said quickly, I am quite surprised they were actually understand what I said.

"Lupin, you need to calm down." Sirius told me tiredly, "We will take you to him."

I got mad that he said he would take me to him. It was not safe for them. I was safe not only because I was an animagus but because of the powers I were born with. He understood who I was even in my human form.

"No you will not, just tell me and I will be fine." I said in a huff, "Remus would kill me, and you, literally, if I took you with me." I said madly. James nodded in agreement with me.