"TaeTae? Do you want to go ask Jimin about it? Why he didn't hug you?", Namjoon asked, hoping it might just work.

And it did.

Taehyung immediately jumped out of bed and was already on his way down by the time Namjoon could register what happened.

^^^^^^^

"Hyung! I am off to bed", Jimin yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay. Good night Minnie!", Yoongi was still on the couch, catching up on some late night show.

"Do you need something from the kitchen? I am shutting the lights!", Jimin yelled again, filling a bottle of water for himself to carry upstairs to his room.

"No thanks! I am already have what I need!", Yoongi shouted back, hoisting his can of beer above his head.

*knock*
*knock*
*knock*

"What the hell? Who could it be at this hour? Jimin stay away from the door", Yoongi shot up and made his way to the front door. Looking through the peep hole, he saw Namjoon and Taehyung at his door step.

"Who is it-", Jimin's questioned was immediately answered as Yoongi opened the door.

"Joonie? Tae? Is everything alright? What are you doing here at this ungodly hour? You scared the shit out of me!", Yoongi yelled, gesturing them to step inside and closing the door behind them.

"B-bad word", Taehyung whispered, swaying as usual.

"Sorry TaeTae", Yoongi genuinely apologized.

"What? Hyung? TaeTae? What are you guys doing here?", Jimin walked up to them.

"TaeTae here has something to ask you. Why don't you head upstairs and talk it out, while I catch up with Yoongs ", Namjoon pushed Yoongi towards the couch. The older quirked an eye brow but continued to sit.

"Let's go upstairs TaeTae", Jimin walked up two stairs and gestured him to follow, which he did.

They went up to Jimin's room and sat down on his bed. Taehyung sat at the very edge of the bed, fiddling with his fingers.

"What's wrong TaeTae? Are you still upset?", Jimin whispered, keeping a safe distance from him.

"Ji-min hug Hyungie. Ji-min no hug TaeTae?", Tae asked, pointing a finger at his chest.

Jimin froze. For a second he thought he heard wrong. Perhaps his brain is making up fake conversations. There is no way in hell Taehyung was that upset because he didn't hug him. Did he just come all the way here to ask me that? Is this even real? If this is a dream, please don't wake me up just yet.

"TaeTae...I. I thought you don't like hugs. I thought you don't like people touching you", Jimin softly said.

"N-no one hug TaeTae", Tae said, now moving on to bobbing his head.

"What?! You want people to hug you?", Jimin wasn't sure if he was sad or shocked. It made him really upset that no one hugs Taehyung but he himself doesn't like to be touched. I am so confused right now.

"N-no. No people. Just Ji-min"

Jimin wanted to burst out crying. He felt light headed from this sudden rush of unchecked and raw emotions. He felt incredibly special to be at the receiving end of these pure emotions. What did I do to deserve this?, he wondered in utter shock.

"I can hug you now, my moon. If you would want that", Jimin managed to stutter out after taking deep breaths and calming himself.

"H-hug TaeTae"

Jimin, very slowly scooted closer to where Tae was sitting.

"TaeTae, can you turn towards me?", Jimin asked, now within a few inches from the younger.

Taehyung did as he was told, but kept his gaze down. Somehow, he has never made eye contact with Jimin. Jimin sometimes wonder if Tae has even seen his face enough times to remember and recognize him.

Very gently and slowly Jimin stretched his arms and wrapped it softly around Tae's neck, putting his head on his (Tae's) chest because of their height difference. Tae put one of his hands on Jimin's waist and the other behind his head. Like how you hug and calm a toddler down when they are upset. No one has ever hugged me like this before, he wondered teary eyed. Jimin inhaled his smell deeply, he smelt like strawberries and affection.

The hug was awkward given that Taehyung doesn't have much experience in it but for Jimin it was a miracle

The hug was awkward given that Taehyung doesn't have much experience in it but for Jimin it was a miracle. He had never imagined hugging the younger. Maybe a handshake if the gods were kind. Jimin pressed a soft kiss on Tae's chest, right above where his heart lies under the surface. What are we Taehyung?, he whispered to himself.

Taehyung was now swaying with Jimin in tow and Jimin swears, he hasn't experienced anything as remarkable as this before nor will he ever in the future.

In that moment, their destinies merged into one. For better or for worse.