Chapter 24 - Assurance

Start from the beginning

I didn't know what to say. I just went ahead with the jumbled thoughts in my mind. "Do you think he's the one that's behind the mysterious gift and the computers being hacked?"

His fingers absentmindedly played with my hair. It felt relaxing. I felt at peace just by being in his presence.

"I don't doubt that. We have to be extra careful. Whatever that man is planning can't be good at all. He's a psychotic patient. The way he thinks sometimes... is all just fucked up." He said, "Tomorrow, we start preparing for our trip. I'm sure Azzurra, Diego and Isabel will want to come too."

I nodded my head.

Whatever lay ahead of us in the future, no matter how life threatening or dangerous it might seem, I'm going to be there for him. Every step of the way.

****

When I got downstairs the next day after packing the things we were going to need for the trip, Layla was still in bed so I was going to bring her breakfast in bed, I didn't expect to see a brown skinned lady standing in my living room engulfing the men and Camilla in a tight hug.

Blade was nowhere in sight.

I was utterly confused. She didn't look familiar at all.

Her beauty was flawless.

She looked like a famous model. She struck me as the kind of person to be overly confident, not afraid to voice out her opinions and feelings.

She was dressed in a black crop top with halter neck, a letter print oversized patch varsity jacket; black and green, black biker shorts that accentuated the curves of her hips and ass.

Her outfit was paired with a Nike air Jordan sneakers.

I'm not exactly sure how a purple eyeliner and pink lip gloss went with her outfit but it seemed to work out just fine.

Finally, she spotted me, standing awkwardly by the last step of the staircase. She flicked her black box braids off her shoulders and approached me.

"I've been dying to meet you, Sienna Armani." She told me with a friendly smile that showed off her pearly whites. When she noticed I was slightly uncomfortable in her presence, she offered her hand for a handshake instead of a hug.

"Um, excuse me?" I said and hesitantly reached for her hand to give it a firm shake.

"Oh, how rude of me. My name's Aaliyah Rhone." She introduced and proceeded to explain how she knew me, "Well, I've heard about you from the news and social media. You and Blade are the hottest new couples."

I was speechless.

"Nice to meet you, Aaliyah." I replied with an equally friendly smile. I don't see the point in acting indifferent towards her. She posed no threat and the others seemed to know her very well and like her.

"She's our childhood friend." Nico explained and came over to where we stood, giving her a side hug that she returned with her hand around his waist.

"Yeah. The friend you completely forgot about." She huffed and playfully rolled her eyes.

Nico chuckled. He curled one of her braid around his finger and smirked, "That's not true, baby. You know I care about you. You're quite hard to forget."

"Oh really?" Aaliyah cocked an amused brow. She had a nose ring and that glinted when the light in the living room hit them. She wasn't at all fazed by Niccolò's flirty nature.

"I'm wounded, Rhone." Nico pressed his hand to his chest in mock hurt and gasped in pain when Aaliyah rammed her elbow into his ribs.

Franco laughed.