𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜.

Autumn sat criss cross applesauce in the grass thinking. She thought about all the stuff going around, the whisperers, her bullies, Daryl, the list can go on.

She often dozes off when she was in deep thought, it wasn't unusual. One hand in the grass picking at it, while the other was underneath her chin. She was alone sitting in the grass, no one around her. Autumn was so lost in her own thoughts; she didn't realize the group of people walking up on her.

"Hey, Autumn! Whatcha thinking about?" She glanced up from the grass to see she was now surrounded by them.

"Thinking about your dad?" One of them asked. Her eyes bored into them, and she clenched her fists.

Autumn stood and walked so close to Jake, so close she can feel his breathing on her face. "How's your eye?" She questioned; her face red in anger.

Jake scoffed in response, shoving her on the floor. The whole group laughed when she tumbled on the floor. He tilted his head to get a better look at her and laughed with a hand on his chest, then walked away as if nothing happened.

"At least she still has a sister." Amber said, throwing her head back in laugher. Autumn snapped. She sprung up from the ground and began to march toward them before someone grabbed onto her shoulders and pulled her back against their broad chest.

"Not now." He whispered in her ear, his hands remaining on her shoulders, pulling her back. He had to practically bend all the way over to put his lips to her ear. She was around 5'3 while he was 6'1.

She shrugged his hands away and snarled.

"Let me go." She tried getting out of his grasp, but his hold on her was too tight. Negan looked down at her face and found it as stern as her voice. "Don't touch me again."

Negan pointed to Jake and the rest of the group still ambling across Alexandria, though they all kept peering over at Autumn as if waiting for something.

"They're waiting for you to do something." He stated, hands trailing by his sides and no longer on her shoulders. Autumn glared around seeing how they were walking suspiciously. "Look at his hand." He told.

When she looked, she saw a small pocketknife in his hand.

"Say you stood up for yourself, you punched him, attacked him; he would've stabbed you right into the gut and called it self-defense." Negan kneeled down and continued picking at the tomatoes. His gaze wandered over her face, coming back to her eyes.

When she glanced at him, he was eyeing her, a wry smile twisting his lips.

"Don't worry, you'll get a chance eventually." He tossed tomatoes into the bin he was using and chortled. "Maybe you should try out their own strategy. Use it against him. Get him to attack you, which won't be hard, then use a teeny tiny pocketknife and stab-"

"I am not like you Negan. As much as I want them to leave me alone, I'm not going to kill someone." Autumn shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"Just saying." He shrugged nonchalantly, but his gaze rested on her thoughtfully for a few moments before he went back to what he was ordered to do.

"Next time you see me, leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you, nor do I need your help." She growled in a deep, menacing voice, beginning to walk off.

"If you wanted nothing to do with me, then why did you share your feelings with me?"

"Because I was sad and vulnerable."

"And?" Autumn slapped a hand on her forehead and slammed her eyes shut. "It's fine, you don't gotta say it." Negan chuckled, a sinister sound. "Look, they are trying to get a reaction out of you. They want to see you upset. Don't give that to them. Screw them."

Autumn and Negan stared at each other for a good minute before someone interrupted. "Let's go."

It was Daryl.

"I'm good." Autumn said taking a step away from him.

"Now." He ordered. She could tell he was furious, but that didn't give him the right to push her around. Autumn scoffed and stood by his side like a little child.

Negan rose from off the floor and looked Daryl in the eye. She knew he had no bad intentions, just wanted to talk, but Negan was a bad man. She couldn't blame Daryl.

"She just wants them to stop bullying her." Negan said.

"Yeah? Well, that ain't ever gonna happen if she hangs out with you now, is it?" The two men an inch apart.

Daryl wrapped a hand around Autumns wrist and pulled her as he walked away. His grasp on her wrist wasn't tight, Daryl never would do that to her. It was gentle.

"We were just talking." She spit out, trying to get her hand away from his.

"He ain't your friend."

"At least he gets me." She mumbled.

"Just stay away from him, all right?"