𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

Autumn stormed through the gates of Alexandria, anger and sorrow collided within her. Her fury, pain, and depression choked her.

She strolled over to whatever was close to her and plopped down sobbing. Autumn placed one hand on her head to hide her face away from anyone pacing by, while the other hand rested in her lap.

"Wanna tell me what happened?"

Autumn sucked in a deep breath, glancing around to see where that voice came from, only to find out she was on the steps of Michonne's house right next to the jail cells. Negan's jail cell.

Her eyes were filling with tears, and she didn't want him to see. She shook her head, mouth too dry to speak. Her hands touching her lips with trembling fingers.

"It's none of your business." Autumn wiped her face and sniffled, staring ahead.

"I've been down here for God knows how long, and I am bored as shit. You'd be bored out of your mind too." Negan leaned against the wall, admiring the girl. When Autumn didn't speak, he continued, "Look, the only thing keeping me busy in this shit hole is conversations outside. It's sure as hell amusing, not including Gabriel's annoying ass-"

Autumn interrupted, already annoyed by his voice. She lifted her hand off of her face while talking. "So, you're basically telling me that you eavesdrop people's discussions and find nothing wrong with that?" She questioned, whirling around to steal a glance at him for a good second before turning back to her original position.

Negan chuckled, a low, dark sound enraging Autumn. She bit her lip.

"What the fuck else do you except me to do down here, Sweetheart?" He stood very still and waited, not showing anything but true curiosity.

Autumn threw her hands in the air in a fit of rage "Stare at the wall." She suggested with a shrug. "Also, don't call me that."

Negan raised his hands, eyeing the back of her head. He knew she couldn't see his hands, but still raised them out of the hell of it. He rolled his eyes and made a face.

For some time, he stood in silence considering whether he should ask her why she was crying again. When the silence got uncomfortable, she glared at him.

"Everything is just falling to shit right now." She confessed. Negan frowned taking his eyes off of her and onto the floor. Her voice cracked and she nearly broke down. "I miss my dad,"

Negan brought his eyesight back up to her.

"I miss Carl,"

Negan clenched his teeth and looked around, throwing back his head and flourishing his arms.

"And I miss my best friend's that you bashed with your stupid bat."

Normally Negan wouldn't take that level of disrespect and would speak out on it, but he kept quiet and listened to her quiet sobs.

It's been a while since Negan has murdered Glenn and Abraham. Years he has been trapped in this jail cell, years he has made Alexandria and the other communities a living hell. Autumn and him barely spoke, sometimes when she'll pass by his window, they'll have a minute to talk, but other than that she always avoided him.

She despised Negan, but he was the only person to actually sit back and listen to what she had to say. Sure, Daryl would too, but he was barely home.

"Shit." Negan shook his head and felt an ounce of regret for a good minute.

"And not only that, but these pricks also keep picking on me." She huffed; her hands balled into fists at the end of stiff arms. Her voice sounded faintly annoyed.

His brows furrowed again, and his gaze drifted off in thought. "Why don't you tell anyone?"

"I have, trust me I have." She sighed, "I've told Daryl and he just tells me to ignore them." Autumn was no longer crying, but irritated.

Negan found it cute.

"So, get off your ass and teach them a lesson." He urged, slightly livid about what she said.

Why would Daryl just push it aside like that?

"I have when it got to the point where they were talking about my dad. I gave one of them a black eye and everyone got mad at me for defending myself."

She sucked in a quick breath and met his gaze steadily. Negan stared up at her in surprise.

"That's bullshit."

"Right! Someone that agrees." She hung her head low while Negan laughed at her response. "I shouldn't even get so mad over them, it's pointless. I just don't want to hear someone talk shit about my father who tried his very best and died protecting everyone."

Negan nodded in deep thought, still one arm on the wall keeping him up.

"I gotta go do some laundry, I'll see you around." Autumn stood from her spot on the steps.

"Remember what I said the next time they pick on you."