1.5 - Prologue

1.5 - Prologue

Unknown
I have never loved another to a point of stupidity. So, I cannot fully express what the term means. Of course, love is a beautiful thing that not many live to encounter.

Love is the air that you need in you lungs for survival.

The feeling of total submission to the one who holds that love. The feeling of death and betrayal as the love quickly fades away. It takes everything that it gave to you as if leaves you in nothing but pain and heartbreak past humanity.

Love is meant to share. It is meant to be whatever you want it to be. It isn't supposed to control you, or take you from your sanity.

Love, it makes you stupid.

It drives you to your limits, never letting you grow, never letting you aspire, all because you are trapped in this love. And, supposing you manage to escape its claws, the scars of where your heart once was remains. The scars of where your smile once was remains - taunting you, daring you to manipulate actions that were never idly, truly planned. Daring you to move on and forget the love.

But, you can't.

Love doesn't let you forget. It doesn't wait for you, it decides its own path, when to be there and when to not.

I hate love. An oxymoron in its highest degree, but I cannot change my mind. Love killed me, it took away the most important thing in my life. Love isn't there to help you, love is there to destroy you. Love lies, it is selfish and obnoxiously apt.

Love is wicked.

But, only to those who don't master it, before it masters them. It is cruel only to those who allow themselves to be bent by its candid acts.

Love cannot be reversed.

It cannot be negotiated with.

Love is truly vile.

Something that I am not.

At least, not until love changed me, and made me the madman that I am today. I could almost feel sorry for the ones that I hurt because of my lack of love.

But, like I said, love changed me - it formed me.

I am now something that I fear. Something that I hate.

I am now, love.

-

Luna Queen (2015)
© Victoria Leslie Khan