Doormat

Mew was locked inside his room fuming over how Gulf had behaved instead of apologizing to him. How could he be so shameless? Mew should be angry here instead Gulf was acting like the victim. It was half past two in morning and he hadn't come back yet. Mew had called him few times but his phone he didn't pick up. This only added to his growing anger. He should be one storming out of house in anger. He called him again and Gulf picked up this time.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" Mew yelled.

"None of your business."

"Come back home right now."

"Why? I don't want to."

"Gulf, don't test my patience."

"I don't want to be anywhere near you right now."

"Why are you so shameless?"

"Me? You don't know anything and yet have audacity to insult me like this."

"Come back home. It's already so late."

"So? It's not like you're worried about me. I'll sleep on the street if I have to."

"Don't be stubborn. Come home."

"I won't. "

"Gulf, come back while I'm asking nicely."

"If I won't? I don't want to talk to-"

"Shut the hell up. I'm running out of patience. Where are you?"

"I won't te- Ahhhh." Gulf suddenly screamed.

"What happened? Gulf? What's wrong? Say something. Gulf?" Mew asked frantically.

"Save me, Mewie." Gulf cried.

"Shit. Where are you?"

Gulf told him the address. Mew quickly drove to the given location in worry. He got out of the car and saw Gulf standing in the corner over the bin while few dogs had surrounded him. Mew walked towards Gulf and rescued him from those dogs. Gulf hugged him tightly.

"Mewie, bub was scared. Those dogs were trying to eat bub."

Mew wanted to shout at him but looking at his tear stained face he couldn't. He wiped Gulf's tears and took him to eat ice cream to calm him down. As soon as they came back home, Gulf became extra clingy.

"Bath me."

"Dress me."

"Feed bub."

"Cuddle with bub."

"Gulf, I'm still angry with you so just leave me alone." Mew said in anger.

"Why? Why is Mewie angry with bub?"

"You-" Mew stopped himself. There was no use arguing with Gulf in this state.

"Does Mewie not love bub anymore?"

"No."

"Why? Is bub not pretty anymore?" Gulf asked as tears gathered in his eyes.

"...... "

"No one loves bub. Bub buys so many things to be pretty."

"What?"

Gulf pointed at the dressing table full of cosmetics, "Bub wants to look pretty so that Mewie would love him but you don't. Bub is ugly that's why no one loves him." Gulf went to the table and started throwing all the makeup.

"Gulf stop. You'll hurt yourself." Mew pulled him by his arms.

"Would it be better if bub was dead?" Gulf asked in flat tone.