Chapter 1: Cale Henituse

"Pitiful child."

Overseeing the vast universe of multiple dimensions and timelines swirling among celestial bodies upon the starry sky, a higher being – superior to even the gods – watches over the cruel fate of two like-eyed individuals running on top of the palms of presumptuous gods.

"Sad. Very sad. The gods are very cruel. Messing with the lives of the few for the greater good."

This higher being has been watching the fate of these two heroes over and over again without rest. They started to favor these two children the more they watched them.

"Shall I intervene? It's been a long time since I last expended an overwhelming amount of energy for mortals..."

The higher being hummed as they pondered over their options. In the end, the being decided.

"My dear disciples."

"Yes, Milady Xim."

The Eight Disciples of Xim. They answered the call of their master.

"Let's change the story of that world. Cale Henituse and Kim Rok Soo... I do not wish to see them suffer any longer."

"Understood."

The god-like being benevolently smiled as she continued to listen to the stories of the universe.

~~~

Cale Henituse is a regressor and a transmigrator. At the age of 40, he regresses back to when he was 18 and transmigrates to a different world – he was happier in that world, although in ruins, he still managed to find peace. On his deathbed, he thought that was the end. Little did he know that he'll wake up again as Cale Henituse.

Reincarnation. Every time he dies as Kim Rok Soo, he was born again as Cale Henituse.

However, he has no recollection of his past life.

Well, none until he was on the age of 8. Due to his Thames bloodline, he saw what he assumed to be a glimpse of the future, not knowing that it was also his past.

As it was only a glimpse, not the full picture, he can only be sure that there will be a war and that his fate was to die and save the world. That is why he acted as trash. He refused to sacrifice himself for the world.

Before seeing the "future", he was already acting like trash. This just gave him another reason to lash out. 

Hitting two birds with one stone, he thought he can change his fate by acting like insignificant trash and tarnish his reputation to prevent himself from taking the Count position at the same time.

Too bad, this is exactly what the Gods expected of him – running on top of the palms of their hands.

In the end, in his every reincarnation, he understood his fate and regressed.

The only comfort for those guilty gods for using Cale Henituse is that he does not have to suffer in every reincarnation by having his past memories intact.

The poor soul is being used by the gods until his soul dulls and fades after so much reincarnation. They'll soon have to search for a different solution for the world's problems once Cale Henituse's soul runs out.

Cale's soul running dry is what the higher being, Xim, wanted to prevent – this goes for Kim Rok Soo as well. Both of them are one of Xim's children. In fact, all living beings under the sky or heaven are their child – that's what it means to be the 'Celestial God'. They are especially weak to the bruise, battered, and overly abused – and both Cale and Rok Soo fit that description.