----

Loads and loads of heavy fabric were paired with heavier jewelries. Aarini somehow managed to get into the heaviest of them all. There were no beauty artists, no full foundation make up, just pure human skin, adrenaline rush, a hint of nervousness and wave of euphoria and excitement.

That was all that made Aarini up. A royal princess, who chose a common man to be her prince.

Yug was one of the best looking grooms I had ever seen. His bold presence in the royal hall made me proud and satisfied with all the efforts, good and the bad, that took them to be here together. I was proud of Yug and Aarini who stood by their grounds, for each other, even when they were convinced , rather pressured, not to.

Yug's sherwani effortlessly displayed his broad shoulders, wide and manly chest and his dominating strong arms. If I am being honest, I had never seen Yug look this hot and handsome earlier.

The hall was filled with hundreds of guests, in rich costly jewels, subtly comparing their prestige and royalty. Maids standing at the entrance with plates filled with flowers to welcome the guests. Others were welcomed with garlands and occasionally sweets.

Neel as the King he was, had the most grand welcome. In a silk fabric, loaded with original pearls, crowned with gold, and the finest royal sword at his side, in the scabbard, Neel had put on a gentle smile just nodding at the guests all of whom were bowing down to him.

He came right in the hall and stood besides me, looking me head to toe in pure admiration and awe.

"We shall have an ever more grand celebration when we get engaged." he whispered close to my ear. I blushed in response, and then a hint of guilt and disappointment settled in my chest. I believe he could sense it, that even in the crowded room, he did not hesitate to hold my hand.

"we have time. I know we do." he whispered again. My heart ached at his words.

We do not have much time. I know we don't.

The priest after reading all the mantras that were meant to secure the relationships, allowed the couple to exchange rings.

Shravya was standing in the corner of the room, trying not to make it obvious that she had been excluded. Neel had asked the guards to be around her at all times so that she doesn't try her luck out.

The former king looked more than happy, occasionally shedding a few tears here while blessing the duo.

---

I had invited Yug and Aarini to the spare room we had gathered the previous day.

I clicked various pictures for them , even selfies and candid pictures. There were many awkward poses, given the shyness that came for them to hold onto each other's arms, or look at each other and also the camera. But all the pictures did make them please. It did bring them close.

We took pictures that consisted of all 4 of us and even solo pic of Neel in his rich outfit. I needed something to hold onto for the rest of my life. And I hoped, I wanted to believe, that these pics won't disappear when I return back to 2069.

2070.

I played music, soft, slow, calming music, swaying our bodies to its tune as the four of us, held onto our significant other, ending our night in the arms of love.

Holding his arms and sobbing on his shoulder, I didn't want the night to end.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey you guys, how have you all been.

I am sorry for being absent yesterday. I hope the chapter was worth the wait.

please take care.

I'll upload next chapter whenever I can.

Until then, see yaa

I love you.