Unclaimed Half-Bloods

Moments in Camp Half-Blood before (y/n) gets claimed? Before all of the dangers and deaths ahead?

Sign me in!

『••✎••』

(y/n) staggered backwards. He raised his sword back up just in time for another blade to hammer on it.

  Percy Jackson was clashing his sword against (y/n)'s own, both of the weapons being overwhelmingly heavy for the two of them, though they had managed to hold the swords and brawl just fine.

  The two unclaimed demigods were sweating. It had been about two or three days since they had woken up in Camp Half-Blood. (y/n) didn't know, he never kept count of days. It could've been less, could've been more, he'd probably never know.

  Despite being recent to the arts of swordsmanship, they held their own pretty well against each other.

  "Okay, timeout!" Luke Castellan, head of cabin eleven–Hermes cabin–called.

  (y/n) sighed and lowered his sword, rolling his wrists from the built up ache caused by holding his heavy sword for too long.

  "Good work, guys," Luke praised the younger half-bloods. "Now get some rest, we'll go back in 5."

  (y/n) crashed on a rock, under the shadow of a large tree. "I'm beat."

  Percy lifted the sweaty hair from his face. "Same."

  "It can't be that bad," a feminine voice laughed at the two.

  (y/n) groaned. "Wanna try it yourself, Annabeth?"

  Annabeth rolled her eyes. She threw two bottles filled with ice cold water to the boys, hitting (y/n) in the face with chilly plastic.

  (y/n) whinned and lifted sat up to drink the water properly.

  "So, what did you two do today?" Annabeth raised.

  "Nothing much. Some archery with Apollo cabin and Chiron, forges with Hephaestus. You know, the usual," Percy shrugged.

  "Percy hit a tree," (y/n) added.

  "Shut up!"

  Annabeth snorted. "What?"

  "He was distracted walking down the woods, and slammed face-first into a tree."

  Annabeth laughed. "Oh my gods, that's so stupid!"

  "Hey!" Percy protested.

『••✎••』

  "Bleh!" (y/n) extended his tongue towards a naiad sitting on top of a branch, who threw a pinecone at his head.

  "Huhmp!" the naiad pouted and extended her own tongue at (y/n).

  "What did he do to anger a tree?" Grover Underwood, a satyr, frowned in confusion.

  "He said kicked one of her branches, and she got mad," Annabeth explained.

  "Well that's plain idiotic."

  "Yeah, I know."

『••✎••』

  (y/n) slashed his blade at Annabeth, though he missed when Annabeth simply stepped back.

  "You're so bad at this," Annabeth sighed.

  Just as Annabeth finished her sentence (y/n) switched the position of his feet slightly and slashed in an upside arc, catching Annabeth by surprise. Soon followed a quick horizontal arc that knocked the sword out of her hands.

  (y/n) closed in and placed the tip of his sword on Annabeth's chest plate. He sighed as if he had been holding his breath in, throughout all of the attack.

  Annabeth gulped down. "Oh."

  "I won."

『••✎••』

  (y/n) hummed quietly to himself and gently picked on a guitar's strings. He kept his eyes closed as he did so.

  Annabeth lifted her head up from her book when she heard a different sound reach her ears.

  "I guess I have to face, that in this awful place, I shouldn't show a trace of doubt..."

  She smiled when she noticed it was (y/n) singing, and not one of the Apollo children.

  "But pulled against the grain, I feel a little pain, that I would rather do without. I'd rather be–"

  Annabeth closed her book and leaned her head on her fist.

  "Free~"

  Percy, who was nearby, sat down close to Annabeth with a small smile.

  "Free~"

  Grover laid on the grass near Percy and Annabeth and closed his eyes.

  "Free~"

  (y/n) strummed on the guitar in silence for a few seconds, enjoying the sound. "I'd rather be free."

  Chiron smiled at the sight of the four children as he passed by them. Clarisse rolled her eyes when she saw. Lee Fletcher laughed quietly.

  "Free. Free. Free. Free. Free. Free. From here."

  (y/n) slowly opened his eyes, seeing his three friends looking back at him.

  "Why'd you stop?" Grover whined. "I was almost asleep."

  (y/n) blushed. He cleared his throat and began picking the strings with another soft rhythm, humming in a different tone.