Oceans and Engines

A/N: did everyone checked on Niki's new song? 🥹 😭.

This has been on my drafts since the song got released tbh💀

Walking by the seashore on Saturday noon, It always reminds me of when it's just me and you.

You run so fast like a horse free on the plains. Leaving your footprints for me to follow.

The seashells we pass by always paired in two. Because one is for the other and I'm the one for you.

But then realizing, it's all just the fragment of memories of me and you.

Returned back to my car as I look over you, waiting for you to get in as you were always a slowpoke.

But as soon as I blinked, you weren't there anymore. And there was nothing but thin air. I was waiting for nothing and I hate myself for that.

You always tell me stories of how your day went by, holding my left hand while giving it kisses while your other hand on the steering wheel.

You were my driver as you always say it that way. You'll always drive for my life, and lead me to my destination safe and sound.

But everything went down when it's suddenly not it. Conclusions, and decisions had to be on it's way. We fought all the time for each other's preferences for life.

I preferred to let go.

But it was for each other's best.

You preferred to stay.

And keep me by your side, completely forgetting to set me free.

But in the end we separated.

It was toxic but we made it in the end. It may not be the way we wanted it to end, but it sure did end well. You're happy now, I am too.

I just needed some more time.

Because the person who always led me to my destination already set me free. And I'm on my own to find my way home.

But not to you anymore.

A/N: who's pov is this?