Stepmommy

A/N: this is not the stepmommy you're thinking of btw 😁

Today Jennie would be introducing me to her 8 years old daughter. Kind of excited actually, finally meeting someone so dearly for Jennie.

Jennie and I started dating a year ago after her and her wife divorced. She couldn't tell me the reason of their divorcing but one thing she assured me is that I have nothing to do with it.

I trust her of course.

"Are you ready?" Jennie asks me and I nodded. She gave me a soft kiss on the forehead before finally opening the door to their house.

"Momma? Is that you?!" A soft voice yelled somewhere inside the house.

My heart started beating so fast, either excitement or nervousness. It's a mix feeling.

I don't know if her daughter would like me or no.

"Ella baby, yes it's me. Come here to the living room." Jennie responded giving my shaking hand a soft squeeze.

We both sat on the couch while she was still holding my hand. "Don't be nervous hun, it's gonna be fine. Ella is a good girl—-"

"I don't want her." The soft voice a while ago became hard and cold.

Jennie and and I both looked at Ella that was looking at us, lips thin as line and eyes as cold as ice.

"Ella, that's not nice to say." Jennie said calmly, I know she's holding her temper.

"And it's not nice for you to bring a girl home!" Ella shouted, this time, Jennie stands up clearly mad.

For a young age, she looked like she knew many things.

She was about to scold Ella but I hold her hand making her sit. "Don't. She's still adjusting, don't be so hard on her."

Jennie sighs, Ella then walked away and I have to chase her. I told Jennie to stay and I will talk to Ella. She didn't agree at first but I did a little convincing until she agreed.

I went upstairs and searched for Ella's room which Jennie described a while ago. Finally reaching it, I knocked.

"Ella? It's me, your aunt Lisa. I'll open the door alright?" She didn't respond but I opened it anyway.

She was on her bed hugging her knees while holding a picture frame that seemed to be a family picture of her, Jennie, and Y/N.

Ella was crying and it hurts that I'm the reason. I slowly walked to her bed and took a seat beside her.

"Ella?"

"Don't talk to me. I told you I don't like you! I will never call you my mommy other than my real mommy! You will never replace my mommy! Leave me alone!" She shouts but I know she's just hurt.

"I understand Ella, I understand where this is coming from. Of course, I will not replace your mommy. That's not my intention, I just love your momma and she loves me too and I love you also. But that doesn't mean I will replace your mommy already. I will never do that." I sighed contemplating if I should rub her back or stroke her hair.

I have a kid also but he is with his daddy, which I also divorced with. He eventually accepted things ended between me and his daddy, it just needed more time for him to take it.

And that's what Ella needed too.

"I won't force you to like me okay? It's fine, as long as you don't get mad at your momma. Your momma needed someone in her life, yes she has you but she also needed me and the other way around." She sniffs, "you need more time, and we'll give that to you alright?"

"I hate momma.. I hate her so much and I hate you too." She says.

"What should I do so you can forgive your momma?" I ask, I don't care if she doesn't forgive me as long as she forgives her momma. That's more important.

"Leave my momma."

I couldn't do that. I would never.. I love Jennie but her being hated by Ella because of me? I would never want that.

"My mommy still loves my momma, but you are here already. You are taking momma away from me and mommy." She murmurs making my heart ache.

So it's because of me isn't it? I was the reason for this broken family.

"Is that what you want?" She nodded her head.

I smiled instead taking a deep breath sucking up the sob that almost came out as well as the tears almost rolling down my eyes.

"Okay then. I'll talk to your momma alright?" I don't exactly know what to tell Jennie about but maybe a quick break for me and her. She needs to fix this relationship with her daughter first before us.

Let her make Ella understand what's going on.

I exited Ella's room and went downstairs to see Jennie pacing around the living room. When she saw me, she walked towards me and hugged me.

"What did she say?" She asks but I just hug her burying my face on her neck.

"It's good, everything's good. But we need to talk about something..."

_

"This is bullshit Lisa!" I knew this is gonna happen. "A quick break? And then what? Break up? Separate?"

"Hun, that's not what I meant—-"

"But it's clearly what you are pointing out.." she's crying, oh God please don't cry.

"No no don't cry.." i hugged her kissing the top of her head. "There's no separation going on, no I would never dare. I love you so much I never thought of breaking up with you." I softly said.

She hugged me back and shakes her head. "No, I don't like this idea hun. Please anything but this."

I pulled away cupping her face and wiping those ugly teats. "Look, it's just a quick break. Just talk out with Ella about us, fix whatever is going on with you and Y/N, and when the time come, when Ella is ready, we'll try it again. Hmm?"

She hugs me again and shakes her head, "Okay. I will talk to her about it, just a quick break nothing more mm?"

"Yes yes, just a quick break and nothing more. I love you." She kissed my lips.

"I love you too so much."

A/N: part 2 soon 🤭