chapter eight

the last couple of days had been a roller coaster of emotions, since, well, i was aware that i felt something for elio

and even though, it hadn't gotten into our relationship, i now knew what was going on in my body when i got nervous as soon as his hand touched mine, or i caught him looking over at me.

but it was still us, and nothing was going to get into that.

i knew that it was also getting my hopes up, but i felt like somehow, he was feeling the same way i was feeling, because do friends stare at each other like us?

do friends hold hands the way we do?

and do friends love the way we do?

but all of my doubts still didn't have an answer, but i was also aware, that maybe, tonight they would've, because at the end of the day, nothing is as good as a girl talk to resolve your confusion.

and that was what sleepovers were for, right?

or at least that was what i thought.

marzia and i were on our pyjamas that night, both in my bedroom, singing songs as loud as we could, wearing makeup that made us look ten years older, or two at least, and letting our hair get tangled from the way we jumped on my bed and fall back into the mattress.

"this is the most fun i've ever had" i said catching my breath, while i sat on my bed, before the next song started.

"me too, lia" marzia dropped herself in the mattress beside me and gave me a quick hug.

"you mind if we stop singing for a while?" i shook my head and dropped my head into my pillow so i could rest for some time.

"what do you wanna do now? any crazy ideas?" marzia laughed at her own question and she made smile again.

"like dyeing our hair?" she laughed at my suggestion and nodded, resting her head on her hands.

"we could just talk for a while, if you are okay with that?" i said like it had just occurred to me, but i had actually been looking forward to that moment most of the day.

i wanted to talk to her, about elio, but probably ignoring the part that it was elio.

i didn't want things to get uncomfortable between us three, or marzia to say anything to him, so i wasn't telling her it was him, for now at least.

"sure" she smiled at me, and for i moment i doubted if i could tell her everything, but i just wasn't ready to.

i trusted her, but i didn't feel comfortable with the whole thing yet.

"so, some boy talk? have you met someone cute?" i winked my right eye to marzia, making her laugh as she laid in the pillow beside me, looking at my eyes.