chapter three

the days went by like paper in the wind, between early morning bikerides, and late night swims with elio, afternoons with marzia, who had quickly became my usual companion at every of them, and long conversations with anella while i was having her...

the days went by like paper in the wind, between early morning bikerides, and late night swims with elio, afternoons with marzia, who had quickly became my usual companion at every of them, and long conversations with anella while i was having her apricot juice.

it was a friday afternoon, and i was sitting somewhere in the perlman's yard beside marzia, while i watched the sun come down slowly in the distance, leaving an afterglow above of us.

elio, who had been gone for all afternoon long, came to where we were and rested his arms on both of our shoulders while he was sitting on his knees.

"hello, stranger" i said to him, used to the fact that he disappeared into his books and music for some hours everyday, and then came back like his presence had never been gone.

"hello, belle poétesse" he said, trying to give me a little peck, but i pulled away before he could even touch my skin.

he gave me a funny grin, while he shrugged his nose, and i laughed at him.

his soft kisses on my cheeks or forehead had also became the usual end of every afternoon.

"who feels like going out tonight?" he said while he smiled at us like he was trying to make us agree to whatever he meant by that.

"we could go to dance and be out after 2 am" he said, looking into my eyes, and trying to make me know that he wanted me to go.

"i rather stay here than be around hormonal teens" i said talking about people my age as they were another type of species, when at the same time, marzia was expressing the opposite opinion with a loud and enthusiastic oui!.

"liaaa, come on, let's go oouutt" marzia said directly to me, lengthening the words, while i looked down and shook my head.

"lia, please, i promise we'll have so much fun, let's live a summer girl night together" i looked at her, and felt bad because she really wanted to go.

everybody wanted to go.

"i'll be there too, but i'll just let you girls ignore me" elio said, and even though he was acting like he was kidding, something told me he also felt what he was saying, and for once, i decided to go because i did really wanted to be with him all night long.

"fine, i'll go" some happy cheers followed my sentence, and marzia collapsed in top of me to give me a hug.

i looked to elio's eyes from down there, when marzia couldn't see a thing.

he smiled at me softly, so when my dear friend left to change her clothing for the party, i walked closer to him.

i ran and jumped on his back, hugging him from behind.

he turned around and gave me that smile of him's i loved so much.

"you ready for partying, lia?" he said, taking my hands in his and making a big circle in the sky with them.