chapter seven

i had been sitting on a chair for about an hour, because i was refusing to dance with every single person who was at that party that night

marzia had dragged me to go there tonight, when i obviously didn't want to.

i just wanted to spend the night with elio, because we had pretty much spend every single second together since we had arrived from our lake trip three days ago.

we were closer than we had ever been, and we were like, so close before, so you can imagine what i was talking about.

but that afternoon, marzia had visited us, and she had begged me to go there with her tonight.

and, i, i just couldn't say no to her because i hadn't paid a lot of attention to her in the last week, and at end of the day, she was also my friend, and i felt bad for letting her spend the summer on her own, and even though i did enjoy being around her, nothing could compare to how i felt when i was around elio.

but, anyways, i had agreed to that, mainly because i was such a people pleaser, but also because i didn't want marzia to get mad at me, and it was just a night, and thinking that i could spend all day with elio tomorrow was the only think keeping me sane that night.

marzia also didn't elio come to the party, because it was our "girl night".

i was looking at my feet move to the rhythm of the music, side to side, slowly, and i released how bored i was.

i put some of my brown hair behind my ear, and smoothed the pastel blue dress i was wearing, which matched the little blue ribbon on my hair.

it was my favorite dress.

it was so comfortable, but also so pretty, and it had always made me feel like i looked cuter every time i wore it.

and i know it was dumb, because the only guy i had wore that dress for wasn't even there.

maybe that was the reason i hadn't leave the bar chairs in the side of the dance floor.

"marzia" i called my friend to ask her if she wanted to dance with me, because it made no sense to be sitting there until the moment we went home, but i just didn't feel like being there, so you couldn't really blame it all on me.

"marzia?" i asked again, when i didn't hear my friend's voice, and released she wasn't in her seat anymore.

where was she?

i looked for her in all of the dance floor, and found out that she was dancing, with a guy.

she was laughing about something he was whispering in her ear, and i looked over to the guy to see how he was like.

he was pretty tall, with light skin, even though most people here were really tanned, and had brownish straight hair, which was pretty short.

his clothes weren't anything out of the norm, at least compared to what other people were wearing there, but something in his hands got my attention.