chapter five

the sunlight was already resting on the part of my skin that wasn't covered by the messy white sheets of my little bed when i woke up

i wasn't very conscious of the world that was surrounding me yet, but i could hear that someone was repeating my name over and over again, near from where i was laying.

"bonjour, chérie"(good morning, sweets) i couldn't believe it.

chérie.

elio.

i knew that voice very well. 

it had to be elio's.

his voice gave me that very comforting feeling, so i smiled for the first time on that day.

i turned around on my bed, to check if it was really him, and there he was, laying just right beside me.

his curls were all messy and tangled around his head, so he probably had woken up some minutes before me.

his eyes were sparkly because of the lighting of the room and he was smiling to me.

my eyes were half closed as i was still getting used to the daylight, but i smiled at him back.

"hi, what are you doing here?" i was still confused at the fact that elio was there, beside me, inside my room, in my bed.

we hadn't slept together. i knew that.

"i just missed you" i laughed at him. he was too clingy sometimes, but i had to recognize i did love that.

i gave him a quick little kiss on his left shoulder and i smiled on it after it. 

he was really there.

and i could have stayed like that for the rest of the day.

i put my hands around his neck, hugging him, and got a bit closer to where he was laying. 

i then left a kiss on his cheek, and then on his nose, and then back in his soft cheek. 

i swear i could've kissed him all over.

he locked my eyes with him's for some seconds after my gesture and he broke the silence by kissing the top of my head and laying his on top of mine, while he talked to me from there.

"lia" i then noticed how raspy his voice was. it was too cute.

"what?" i said trying to hold my laugh, and moved my body a little so i could be more comfortable.

"okay, don't kill me" i looked up at him and he continued talking to stop me from doing anything.

"so, i kinda told my dad we were going to see the greek sculpture his team had found with him, and well, with oliver" my heart skipped a beat when i listened to that name.