my best girl

ps. you're 21 in university

you were already late for school and your car breaking down wasn't helping you at all. you frustratedly ran back into the compound to look for your best friend, bucky, to see if he could drop you off. you and bucky are best friends, even though he flirts with you from time to time, you still love him. more like in love with him. but he didn't need to know that, ever since bucky got a girlfriend, you never found the need to tell him how you felt, even if it made your heart sink whenever u see them together. "BUCCKKKYYYY!!" you yelled as you walked into the kitchen to look for him. he was standing at the kitchen table eating a snack with his arm around his girlfriend. she was giggling and he was whispering into her ear. god that made you cringed. "hey doll, what's up? why aren't you in school?" bucky smiled the minute he saw you. "i-i uh...was going to ask you a favor but it's fine, I'll ask steve" you quickly turned around and walked away. but before you could, bucky grabbed your wrist. "what? no, what is it doll?" bucky pulled you back. "well, my car broke down and I'm already late for school, so I was going to ask you if you could drop me off." you said while playing with your hair awkwardly. "you know I'm not a taxi driver y/n" bucky smirked, knowing he would've sent you anyways. apparently someone didn't get the joke. "yeah, so go bother someone else skank." bucky's girlfriend finally spoke up. she never really liked you, she was constantly rolling her eyes and making mean remarks towards you. just never infront of bucky. "jeez, you know what i don't have the time to argue, I'm going to look for steve" you rolled your eyes and started to walk away. "wait up y/n" bucky grabbed your arm again to stop you from walking. "i think you should leave" he removed his arm from his girlfriend's shoulder. "excuse me?" she sounded offended. "well, you just disrespected someone I care about, and it's kind of a huge turn off for me, so we are done, you know your way out" bucky said, his voice sounding a little more annoyed. she rolled her eyes and walked out of the compound in embarrassment. "let's go, I'll send you to school" bucky threw his arm over your shoulder. "how are you going to have a girlfriend if you're always defending me?" i looked at him and laughed. "i don't need a girlfriend, i have you. and besides, i can't let someone disrespect my best girl can i?" he smirked and kissed your temple.