Chapter 13

A Z A L E A

Something about me feels different on both a spiritual and physical level, my body its weak especially magically. Well at least its safe to say that I've arrived in this new universe, lets just hope the others are safe and sound, hopeful that their here with me. Suddenly an excruciating pain covered my body, it felt as if the magic within me was being pulled out of my body. 

Too much agony to even think straight my mind shut down. Once again I'm awake and this time so is my body.

3rd POV

Azalea twisted and turned before jolting his eyes open and rapidly inhaling. He was met with the sight of Silas looking quite cheerful staring at him. "I see you were the first to come awake" Azalea said after catching a glimpse of the others who were still in their own coma like sleep. Lifting himself up onto his feet Azalea let out a grunt of pain "You ok?" Silas asked "I don't think so" Azalea spat weakly before limping to the middle of the field in the forest as Silas followed.

"Did you experience the pain as well before waking up?" Silas questioned with squinted eyes from the scorching sun "I did but you seem fine for someone who just went through hell and back" Azalea huffed "Maybe it has to do with us being different beings" Silas suggested whilst catching up to Azalea "that makes sense" "So where are you walking to" Silas appeared before Azalea and asked.

"Right here, something about me feels different I want to see if my power is still here with me" Voice a aggravated Azalea before closing his eyes and energize his power. With deep concentration he spread his fingers and looked down at his bare hands. "Dammit" once again he tried with more concentration but still to no avail, "maybe its the sun limiting your powers from activating" Said Silas with an unsure tone.

"I'm a freaking god of darkness the last thing to stop me from using my powers will be the sun of an insolent universe that houses mere mortals" Azalea yelled angrily and dropped to his knees. "this was what the feeling I felt meant, my powers were being drained from my body" Azalea said while staring hopelessly into the forest. "but why didn't my abilities disappear" Silas questioned and made a run around the field to show that they remained but noticed he was significantly slower than before. 

"or maybe they did but at a much slower pace" he joked making his way back towards Azalea "and less painful" Azalea added with a sigh. "your quite calm for someone who has just lost their powers Azalea" Silas took a seat next to him and leaned back with his hands keeping him upright. "so do you but if there's anything I would would have learned in my years of living is that sometimes the best thing to do is nothing and just stay calm" Azalea shared to the quite attentive Silas who hummed in understanding. "what shall we do now I mean were basically mortals, we're in the forest of a universe we have never been to before, no magic or powers or supernatural abilities or weapons and we have three sleeping beings that we have take care of" Silas uttered and nodded his head for no reason.

"How do you always manage to make everything worse and why did you have to say it like that" Azalea stood from the ground and stretched his limbs before making his way back to the others with Silas by his side.

They were almost at the spot when they saw Ace jolted up with a pained expression on his face, immediately Ace looked around and once he saw Lucian right by his side he checked to see if he was ok and then left a small kiss on forehead. Looking forward again Ace saw Silas and Azalea walking towards him "I'm guessing you also felt the throbbing pain" Azalea stated and held his hand out to help up the struggling Ace.

Massaging his aching head with one had Ace answered "I sure did any idea of what could have caused it". "a possibility is our bodies adapting to the new universe but I doubt its that" Azalea responded "did you feel as though you were being drained of your powers" he added suggestively to further question if they had felt a similar feeling. "yea that's the exact feeling I just couldn't put a pin on it" Ace huffed shaking his head.

"well then there's a possibility that your powers are gone but you can't know for sure until you check" Silas signaled for Ace to follow him and he did. "what do you mean my powers are gone" Ace questioned confused whilst trying to keep up "I felt the same thing and now my powers are no longer here with me and Silas's Dracula abilities are fading away" Azalea expressed with a bitter face, angry over the whole situation but he manages to stay calm.

Ace didn't respond but his composure and expression was visibly displeased as he followed Silas and Azalea. Standing in the middle of the field Ace relaxed and leaned his head back as he closed his eyes and cleared his mind. "fire sphere" he mumbled under his breath and a small flimsy inferno appeared before his hands "yes" Ace muttered below his breath and shot the sphere forward where it hit the bark of a tree and extinguished.

"don't celebrate too early my abilities also worked when I woke up and from then on it faded away" Silas banished the little satisfaction Ace had with his words "it seems as though its already fading away my fire spheres are usually more, fiery," Ace expressed exhausted from the small use of magic.

"We should have antici-" Ace began but was cut short by the trashing Lucian who seemed to be stirring awake. Immediately they rushed by his side and watched as he opened his eyes and and rubbed then a little before looking at his mates surrounding him. "Where am I?" Lucian frantically asked as he hurriedly stood up. Ace, Azalea and Silas stood with him. "Well my little mate we are in a different universe" Silas stated. 

"why are we at another universe and how long will we be staying" Lucian insisted as he looked around and saw a lifeless Damon on the ground. "Why we're here is for work" Azalea blatantly lied "we don't know for how long we will be staying but hopefully not too long" He added but deep down he was panicking.

Lucian moved towards Damon and stooped down before placing his hands on Damon's face "Why is Damon not awake as yet" Lucian looked up at Ace, Azalea and Silas before completing seating down and placing Damon's head on his lap. This act caught the others in astonishment. They didn't expect this nor what was about to happen next. "he opened the portals between the two dimensions for our travel but there was some interference with his magic and he strained to keep the portal open, so that's probably why"

Lucian then moved Damon more comfortably onto his thighs before shutting his eyes and placing each hands on either side of Damon's head. They watched with puzzled expressions as his hands glowed an earthly green. Light breeze blew over them as the trees around them became more lively. Lucian seeped magical energies from the environment around him and himself and channeled it to heal Damon.

With a slight groan Damon blinked his eyes open and was met with the sight of concentrated Lucian. He then realized that he was laying on Lucians lap and a slight rush of blood painted his face a flushed scarlet. Ace, Azalea and Silas just looked at the scene that unfolded before them with bewildered expressions.

"Lucian did you by any chance feel any pain before you had woken up" Azalea asked curiously as he watched Lucian with a stunned look. "talking about pain, I'm sure I was about to die from it when suddenly I felt a boost of energy, flowing through my body and restored my vigour" Damon asserted whilst adoring the Lucian who looked like an angel above him but in his mind even their beauty couldn't rival his mates own.

"Nope, I didn't endure any pain. Why do you ask?"

To be continued......