xiii. IT DRAINS YOU TO WHITE

The thirst hit Eddie like a tidal wave. He debated calling you, asking if you could come home. But you deserved to have your time with Robin. So he opted for going on a hunt for some deer. He wobbled his way outside, and he soon realized that he wouldn't be able to make it. So he made his way back inside. He reached the phone, crumbling to the floor as he dialed Robin's home phone. Unbeknownst to him, Jason Carver was camping out outside of your house.

      You and Robin were sitting on her couch rewatching Fast Times at Ridgemont High for the hundredth time when the phone began to ring. You leaned over and picked it up, putting it to your ear. You could hear faint panting coming from the other line. "Hello?" you spoke into the receiver.

      "Y/n, I need you, please," Eddie's voice was hoarse, weak. "I'm so thirsty, please. I can hardly move."

     "Okay, I-I'll be there as soon as possible. Just, just stay where you are, don't try to move around too much. I'll see you soon," you hung up the phone, standing up and turning to Robin with an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry but I have to go, I-"

      "Duty calls," Robin cut you off with an understanding smile. You thanked her before running to your car. As soon as the engine was on, you slammed on the gas and sped towards your house.

     You burst through the front door, calling out Eddie's name. You could faintly hear him shouting for you from the living room. You sprinted to him. He clung to you like a lifeline, desperately moving your hair away from your neck. Without wasting another second, he sunk his fangs into your skin, drinking from you like a starved man.

     Eddie had been drinking for a minute or so, that usual dizziness beginning to set in. You could tell he had regained most of his strength based on how strong he was gripping your neck and thigh. You were brought back down to earth when you heard your back door creak open. At first you thought it was Robin bringing you something you had forgotten, but when you heard that unsettling, familiar voice, you knew there was only one person it could be.

    Jason walked into the living room, gun pointed at Eddie. Eddie pulled away from you. Without Eddie holding you up, you sunk to the floor. As soon as you composed yourself, you sat back up. Your eyes were blown wide with anger, when will this fucker give it a rest? "Please, don't kill him!" you begged, referring to Eddie. You put up your hands in defense as Jason pointed the gun at the two of you.

Eddie snarled, his mouth coated in your blood. "Munson, you move and I'll blow your fucking head off," Jason barked, adjusting the gun.

In the midst of being threatened, Eddie went to check on you. Carefully, he placed a hand on your head, the other tilting your neck towards him so he could assess the wound. Once he had checked it, he protectively pulled you closer to him.  "You try to kill her, and you're dead, Carver," Eddie threatened. Tears cascaded down your cheeks, you didn't want Eddie to have to kill anyone, let alone have to kill someone to protect the two of you.

"Please," you hiccuped. You tried to subtly reach behind you, grabbing the phone. You were calling Steve. You finished dialing his number, letting him hear the situation you had managed to land yourself in. "Please, don't kill him," you pleaded with Jason. Eddie held you closer to him, trying his best to comfort you.

"Y/n, it's okay. Eddie has you under some sort of spell, but I'll help you, don't worry," Jason assured, maintaining his stance.

      "Spell? I'm not under any spell, Jason. You're delusional!" you exclaimed, laughter threatening to tumble from your lips. You couldn't believe how crazy Jason really was. If anyone was a danger, it was him, not Eddie.

"That's what he wants you to think. I mean, he mauled Chrissy. Don't think he won't do the same to you," Jason snapped, stepping closer to the two of you. Jason took the gun off of safety, his finger hovering above the trigger. You had never been so scared before, not when you were staring down the barrel of a shotgun. Jason was about to press the trigger when a nail-covered bat came down over his head, knocking him unconscious. Your eyes flitted up. Through your tears, you could make out Steve's form, breathing heavily.

"I-Is he dead?" you croaked, staring down at Jason's seemingly-lifeless body. Steve crouched down, reaching out for his wrist. Before he could announce the state of Jason's body, Eddie spoke up.

"No, he's alive."

Steve scoffed, "How do you know?"

"Dude, I'm a vampire. I can hear his heart beating. He's just passed out. He'll probably be up in at least a few hours, if not a day," Eddie snorted.

"Oh, my God," you mumbled, "Oh, my God!" you repeated, louder this time. Steve and Eddie looked to you. "What're we gonna do? If he didn't have solid evidence over us, he does now! For all he knows, we just tried to kill him," you panicked.

"It's fine, y/n. Steve and I will handle this, why don't you go stay with Robin or Dustin? It's clearly not safe here," Eddie suggested, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"What're we gonna tell my parents? It's hard enough hiding you, now we have to hide Jason, too?!" you squeaked, throwing your head in your hands.

"Eddie's right, y/n. We can handle this," Steve repeated.

      "Don't worry your pretty little head, this'll be fine," Eddie sighed, earning a knowing smirk/glare from Steve.

As you stared at Jason's body, whose eyes were open wide, practically staring into your soul, you could feel the color drain from your body.