viii. NOW YOU ARE MINE

As soon as he heard Jason drive away, Eddie came out of hiding, immediately rushing over to you.

     "I swear to God, it was taking everything in me not to kill him," Eddie snarled, wrapping his arms around you in a tight squeeze.

     "Eddie, 's too tight. Can't breathe," you managed to wheeze out. He didn't let up, though. Instead, he brought his lips to your neck and finished what he had started earlier, licking up all of the blood that had spilled out.

     "That's why you gotta stay here," Eddie panted as he pulled his mouth away from your neck, "Nobody would've been able to protect you if that had happened anywhere else. Just me, right?"

You were too tired to think about what he said, so you nodded in agreement. Looking up at him with doe eyes, you were putty in his hands.

"Yeah, just mine. Nobody else's. All mine," Eddie groaned, attaching his lips back on your neck. He wasn't even doing it to feed, he was full now. He was doing it to make it clear that you were his.

"Eddie, 'm tired," you muttered, weakly shoving him off of you. "Can I just get some sleep, alone?"

Eddie's face contorted but he nodded. You'd been through enough today, he could give you a break for the night. "Yeah, yeah sure. Night," he grumbled, watching in distaste as you stumbled your way up the stairs and into your room.

As soon as your body hit the mattress, you were out. But even in your slumber, you found it almost impossible to escape Eddie. He haunted your every waking hour, but he had also managed to find a way into your dreams, or rather, nightmares. One nightmare, in particular, had you quivering in fear.

It was you, Eddie, and some tall, vine-covered monster. Robin, Steve and Dustin were there, too. However, their arms and legs had been snapped at impossible angles, their jaws broken, and their eyes had been sucked to the back of their heads.

The tall creature had it's gigantic hand placed on top of Eddie's shoulder, the two of them staring down at you. You began to float into the air as your life practically flashed in front of your eyes. You could hear your bones starting to snap, just like your friends' had.

You shot up, your body shaking and your breath uneven. "Dustin?! Steve? Robin, n-no!" you wailed.

You watched as Eddie emerged from the shadows of your room, a wicked grin on his face, "Why're you calling for them? They're not here."

"Eddie, please. Pl-please," you sobbed, reaching your arms out for the man in front of you. He laid down next to you, wrapping you securely in his arms. As much as you wanted to convince yourself of the opposite, you knew it wasn't the same as cuddling up with someone like Robin or Steve. They were warm, alive. Eddie was cold, but nevertheless, you melted into his touch.

"You're okay, shhhh," Eddie whispered, running a hand through your hair as your breathing slowed down.

"It was so horrible, you wouldn't even be able to imagine it. Oh, God," you managed to choke out through your cries. "You were there. And Steve, and Robin, and Dustin. They were all dead, they died these horrible deaths! And, and you were there, standing next to this monster, Eddie. This horrible, terrifying creature. And I started floating and I could hear my bones snap, and then I woke up. Oh, it was awful."

A scowl spread across Eddie's face. Vecna, he thought. Vecna must've entered your mind somehow. This won't do, not at all.