ix. SMILE AS I SIP

"Y/n?" Robin's voice pulled you from your sleep, your eyes fluttered open, peering up at her. She held a to-go box, holding it out for you. Steve and Dustin stood behind her. You grabbed the box from her hand, opening it to see some fruit, eggs and waffles. 

     "We got you something to eat," Dustin was the next to speak. Your eyes flitted to Steve, who was obviously looking around your room for any signs of Eddie.

     You turned your gaze back onto Dustin, "Thanks, and if you're looking for Eddie, you won't find him in here."

     Steve sighed, his eyes meeting yours, "We miss you, Y/n. We never get to see you anymore, you're practically a ghost."

     "Steve, stop it! You can't come into my house, and tell me that Eddie's holding me captive. It's not fair, to any of us," you scolded.

     "I didn't say that. But you obviously think it's true considering you're the one who said it," Steve spoke flatly.

     You opened your mouth to spew insults but your voice came out softly as you spoke, "I miss you, too."

     Robin stepped closer to you before embracing you in a tight hug. Soon, it became too tight. "Rob, I can't breathe," you choked out. She didn't let up, though. If anything, her grip became even tighter. Your wide eyes peered up at Dustin and Steve, who both had malicious grins on their faces.

     You shot up with a gasp, but you could barely move. You realized it was because Eddie had pinned you down against the bed, eagerly drinking from your neck.

     "Hi, 'm sorry, couldn't help myself, I was so hungry," he spoke in between drinking. You turned your head slightly, Robin, Steve and Dustin nowhere to be seen. "That was just a dream, they're not here," he added, practically reading your mind.

     Tears pricked your eyes at his words. You just wanted things to go back to the way they were before. When the only thing Eddie was wanted for was ripping people off, or when Chrissy was still alive. Most of all, you wanted to see your friends. With a sob, you used all of your strength to shove Eddie off of you just enough for you to move out from under him.

     "Hey, what's wrong?" he called out, his voice softer than before. He didn't want things to have to be this way, but he couldn't help himself. He felt like it was his life's purpose to protect you.

      "Everything. Everything is wrong. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I want to help you, Eddie, I really do. But things need to change if you want to keep staying here," you spoke, resolute.

     Eddie nodded before reaching out for your neck again, you pushed him back down onto the bed, keeping your hands on his shoulders. "Eddie, no. This is what I'm talking about. Rules, rules need to be put in place. To keep both of us safe," you scolded.

     "I'm sorry," Eddie muttered, his voice cracking as he wiped the excess blood off of his mouth. "I don't want to be like this, but I can't stop it. I'm trying, Y/n, you've gotta believe me, I am. But it's so hard, and I'm just... so hungry."

     "First rule, I have to, y'know, consent to you drinking from me," you began to explain as you sat down next to him, moving your hair away from your neck. You gave him a nod, signaling to him that he could start drinking again. As soon as his teeth sunk back into your neck, you spoke again, "second rule, you have to let me see my friends, whenever I want. I'm not your prisoner, I'm allowed to do things when I want." He grunted at your words, pushing you back down so he was above you again. "Third rule," you began, "third rule is you have to be nice to my friends when they come over. You can't threaten Steve because you're... jealous or whatever it is you've got going up in there," you teased, tapping your finger against his head.

      He detached his lips from your neck so he could meet your gaze, his eyes were piercing as he stared down at you, "I don't have anything to be jealous of. I bet you've never let anyone else drink your blood before, have you?" Without saying anything else, he reattached his mouth to your throat.

     You tried not to let Eddie see how attractive you thought that was, but when you felt him smirk against your throat, you knew it was no use. "See, when you say things like that, it's just a little concerning," you joked, a small smile spread across your face as he continued to sip.

     "You little minx, you like it," he snarled in your ear before sitting up, his mouth was coated with blood. You stared at him wide-eyed, it was concerning how worked up you were getting at the sight before you. He leaned down so his mouth was practically brushing against yours, "Your mind is betraying you." You had leaned your head up to try and catch his lips, but before you could, he stood up and walked out of the room, leaving you to simmer in your dirty thoughts.

     My God, you had the hots for Munson.