Third

And there he was. He didn't know WHY he was, or WHO he was, but he knew he had just woken from sleep. He had never slept before, and never fallen asleep, but he was sure he had woken up just a few moments ago. He knew time was passing because the wisps were moving. Little tendrils of grey smoke floating all about, collecting in pools but somehow passing through each other and conjuring shapes, were dancing in an unexplained and somehow rhythmic current of shadowy mist. It had pattern in the consistent absence of any pattern.
He saw all these things, for he had eyes. He knew he had eyes when he woke, and understood that what he was perceiving with them was true. In fact he was aware of all his anatomy. He knew he was male, and there was no doubt. He did not ponder what he was, but why he existed and how he came to be. He seemed to be floating in something as nothing was visibly attached to him, and decided that the wisps of smoke most likely had something to do with it. They were not supporting him, simply moving around him, and now, he discovered, through him. This frightened him at first because he thought that he might not truly be a solid body but simply be a thought of another existence. But no, he seemed to think for himself, so for now he must conclude that he existed as himself, and was separate from any other possible existences.